Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Never date an auditor~

Feeling a little..well..missing childhood the moment. Melancholic I guess, after reading this post by Uncle Lee, a blog I just discovered.. =) Must read..very nice..

That aside, referring to the post title, let me share this encounter I had about, say 2 months ago or so. I went Velvet during the weekend and was introduced to my friend's colleague. He seemed nice and cute and charming (under the flickering lights...or rather, the lack of lights)..and he was sporting enough to dance even though he couldn't really dance. I have this fascination towards guys who know they can't dance, but make the effort to dance (while trying to look cute la of course) and this super anti-sentiments towards guys who can't dance, who think they can dance. -_-" Anyway, at the end of the night, he asked for my number and I gave it to him, since he had such a cute smile (refer him as Mr. A). Eventually we made plans to catch a movie together the next week..

DATE 1

On Thursday, he texted and asked if Saturday is good for Fantastic 4 around lunch time, I said great, and asked if we were going to have lunch together, or only meet up after lunch. He said, "Let's have lunch together" .Hmm a movie and lunch..is this considered a date? Maybe just an outing with a newly acquainted friend. So we met up on Saturday at MidValley for lunch.

"Hey Crystal, so what do you want to have for lunch?" (Btw, it's hooiching/crystal/tan/jingjing, doesn't matter)
"Hmm..Mr. A, I feel like having Japanese food...something cheap is ok..Sushi King, maybe?"
"Japanese food, good...no more fast food for me..been eating that whole week d..don't want sushi king la..it's not nice..recommend u one that very good wan..just a bit more expensive"

So ok lor, we went to eat at Oh Sushi ( I think that's the name la anyway) to have lunch..we both ordered bento..and then mulalah our getting-to-know-each-other session while waiting for our food to arrive. Lao eh..totally felt like I was a criminal..being interrogated and bombarded by questions like:

"How old are you?"
"So, what do you work as?"
"What do you do at work?"
"How much is your salary?"
"What does your dad work as?"
"How much does he earn?"

Background checking meh?? Like,f$%#!? Even me myself never asked my dad how much he earns. And I was sensitive enough to refrain myself from asking those questions, as Dad last time told me a golden rule:
"Never ask a girl how old she is and never ask a guy how much he earns"
But since Mr.A broke the whole rule, I pun just asked him the same lor. I tot getting to know each other involves asking things like..how do you like your work, what do you do during free time, share some jokes..u know?..but he doesn't watch football, nor badminton..and I don't watch F1, and he tried to talk some very aeronautical terms with me, takkan I want to talk about aeronautical engineering things with him meh, he is not from that line ma.. aihsssss.

Habis-habis, when we finished lunch, what a relief..so I asked him,
"So how much is the movie ticket?"
"RM12"
"Uh..okay, so plus lunch RM23, I pay you RM40 lah"
Then he stares at me for 1 ms (milisecond), hesitated for another ms, and thought over it for another ms, and said,
"Wait lah for the bill to come 1st"
Then, the bill came, he paid with his credit card (*Note: He worked for a year d, and I worked less than 2 weeks at that time)..then when the bill came, he showed me the receipt:
"Here is the receipt"
"Uh..ok..so pay you RM40 lah, is enough right plus tax?"
"uh..it should be ok"

Prick. not enough meh, RM38.45 le if the lunch is (RM23+ 15% tax)+movie ticket.. (that is in my heart la I said that)..give you RM1.55 tips thim..I can see him mentally calculating whether it is correct or not..the movie was ok, then after that, he wanted to eat McD ice cream...so I teman him to buy lar..Wah..then he said want to belanja me...ICE CREAM MCD. (My fren said what a cheapo..at least baskin's la)..so..since he still owes me RM1.55, really too yek him d if I just order sundae cone, so I ordered McFlurry's. Hehz, mollified a bit.

After that, pretty uneventful, oh..everytime we have to open the door, he will open the door, he will go thru it, and then lepaskan his tangan, so obviously I have to then use my palm to keep the door opened so that I can exit or enter it. I guess that's what a gentleman always does. He wanted to buy sports shoes so I teman him scouting for a pair la, then there was this shop that dilarang bawa makanan wan, so we were both dihalau keluar from the shop cos of our ice cream..(embarassing but nvm la, it's not that i know a lot of KL-ite anyway) then when he finished his ice cream, he waited for me..then I told him,
"nvm la, you go back into that shop la to look for your shoes"..
he said, "what about you?"
I told him, "dont worry, I know how to keep myself entertained de"

Hohoho, this Mr. A really left and went into the shop..I pun entertained myself la..don't guys know it's the "TRICK QUESTION" thing?
(when I related the story to male friends, they didn't see anything wrong with the guy leaving me alone to stand eating McFlurry's...but my girl friends share my sentiments) So I pun lesap lah and went jalan-jalan alone till he called me. At the end of the day, suddenly his charming smile and inquiring nature do not feel charming or cute anymore..it was irritating to see him flash his teeth every 3 seconds.

So that was how I spent my Saturday long long time ago..RM50 bye bye (parking at MidV RM6)

DATE 2

After that, he called me sometimes, texts and stuffs so I thought, perhaps he was just nervous the 1st time around...or he just treats me as a friend, so A-A zai @ go dutch. He asked me out for dinner a few times, but I wasn't free, but on one Wednesday, I agreed la..but I had to buy some groceries as well, which he says he doesn't mind to temankan me. That night, I went to Secret Recipe near my workplace right after work, say about 8.30pm cos I had some stuff to do, he said he didn't mind late dinner..I tot "Aww how sweet..berlapar for me"..

Sesampainya, wah he treated me like long lost friend, happily led me to the table..so chatty..then we ordered food lah..he was going for the lamb shank thing..and I ate some bread at the office d, so I wasn't feeling very hungry, I went for the sorta like calzone thing, forgot the name d..but I know it's RM6.60 like that lah..rancangan penjimatan also ma..since I spent all my salary d at that time...as usual, interrogated again, some were repeated questions from our 1st "date". (sungguh mengirritatingkan cos I was already so tired from work, sumore kena grilled by him) and his smile..oh his smile..gah! There was one time his friend called, then I bet he must've not heard from her for a very very very very very long time cos he talked as if he was in pasar malam or sth. Pleased to note that everyone was staring at us..He looked so..so..civilized but he could emit such..noise..

But nvm..since I'm not those classy type of person, and sometimes I tend to act in such ways also, forgive him lah. He insisted to see my nametag and I lagi insisted not to show him..it was like tug of war, and I finally won. But I was damn pissed off d at that time. I wanted to have a relaxing dinner, not such an uptight one. Then came the same thing again..the bill. I only had RM100 note with me at that time..so he asked what I was looking for..I said, maybe I have small change lei..Again, he gave me the "milisecond" thingy again...then after 3 miliseconds, he said,
"Erm..never mind la..you pay me later"..
please la. RM6.60 aimeh. oh..forgot about the tax as well..anyway, nvm, so we went shopping. He tried to even hold my hand when we crossed the road. please laaaahhhhhh (you guys go figure why I said, please laaaahhhhh)
At Carrefour, we had to insert RM0.20 coins to take the trolley. I even had to use my RM1 to ask him to change for me. Then he actually wanted me to push the trolley myself. Nvm..I lun..but I made him push the trolley after that la. He wanted to do some grocery shopping as well..but when I chose the toilet rolls, and the jamban detergent, he kept telling me to weigh and calculate which brand is more worth it, based on the price and litres and etc. aiyo, RM0.20 nia..and also, don't the girls do that instead? Luckily my friend called me halfway and I talked to him on the phone instead. Finally we paid and everything, he wanted to pay in the same bill, then I pay him cash, I was like, no thanks, better to pay separately (later he go calculate here and there sumore) I also have my credit card, thank you very much..When we were in the car I had change d, so I gave him RM8 for the dinner..I guess he did the mental calculation thingy again and then took the money..I of course asked him, enough or not..he dengan generously said, "I'll give you back the change"
I dengan even more generously said,
"It's ok, you may keep the change"

Then he started making plans for that weekend d..watch Die Hard 4.0..go bowling..this..that..I said..see 1st la..maybe have something to do..then he was pretty persistent to ask what I had to do..I told him maybe hang out with my friend..he sumore ajak to ask the friend to come along worrr, the more the merrier...really no eye see..Do I sound very shallow and $$$ minded from the way I described the encounter with him?? Probably..but if he was more gentlemanly I wouldn't even mind belanja-ing him. But then...?? And lately I received texts from him asking why he doesn't hear from me that often d.. (hmmm I wonder why..)

When I related the incident to my friends, they were chagrined on how the guy was like, esp on:
1) Why he is so kiamsiap/stingy/berkira
2) Why he did all the background checking
and then I said..."He's an auditor"
and then they went..."Ahhhhh...no wonder"

hehe..no offense accountancy/auditing ppl!~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

*waits patiently for an auditor to comment* :p

nyonyapenang said...

Hi H.C.,
Oh...you read Uncle Lee too? He writes good ya? I enjoy reading all his postings.

I read about your 2 dates with Mr Auditor. Aiyoh--yoh...lidat mia style ar? Ada susah sikit lar.

Anyway, thanks so much for visiting me at my blog and leaving your comments. I truly appreciate it lots. Please feel free to pop by and leave more comments, anytime is always a good time.

You have a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

did u hafal this story or what??..coz i remember u telling me this story exactly word by word..neway just date engineer lah..u oledi know the reason also..ahahaha..or the wrong guy..or the guy..just make sure it's a guy lah..huhuhu

Lee said...

Hi HCTan, Wow! You in Aeronautics, huh? Good for you, outstanding! Rarely hear about women in this work or studies.
I read your cherita re your date with mentioned (I won't use the word gentleman here) fellow.
Holy Smoke!
Is he from Simpang Empat or just back from the Amazon after 15 years in the jungle?
Here in Canada, we always say you're in for an eyeopener date if you date "bean counters", i.e. accountants or auditors.
I have a bean counter friend, regret to say from Penang, ha ha...when we go makan, the bill comes he always has a tendency to go bathroom. Ha ha.
And he wonders why nobody invites him out anymore.
And...he now past batu empat puluh lima wondering why women ehlak him like as if he has the flu. He told me he's looking for a beautiful, rich woman for a wife. I choked on my coffee that one, ha ha. And he with looks only his mother can sayang too.
And he asked your age? Even accepted your money, let the door slam back at your face? Wa, no future, no hope like this. Ha ha, I was surprised read all that.
(I did a post re how to treat a woman few weeks back)....strictly old school style).
Anyway, its a real pleasure having you visit me. Thank you and you have a great day. Try a pilot next time, but not permenant as....they away 75% of the time. Ha ha. UL.

zewt said...

hey... not all auditors are like that... those most are like that hahahaha... i am glad i am not one.

anyway... he failed... failed big time in the art of dating woman. i have never ask my dates to pay whenever i ask a girl out. but i do appreciate when girl offers to chip in... i will decline of cos.

But... when i do accept her portion... it clearly means... She failed so bad i dont want to see her again.

~charng said...

Run.. girl run! Haha,this kinda guy really TERUK-lar.Not gentlemanly AT ALL!

pokeycatsg said...

haha... not bad if you marry such a husband. at least you know he won't anyhow spend the money and leave the family in rags. :P

but i think that only comes after marriage cos right now, you're still not HIS. :P

sighs! no wonder most girls either go for very old rich men or young and cute guys.

at least they don't need to suffer when the guy is still gathering his wealth.

Anonymous said...

Is he a man ah
*slaps forehead*
Rule number one, never ask the ladies to pay
Rule number two, respect by not counting and trust whatever amount of they give
Rule number three, be a man

H.C. Tan said...

jemima: haha. no auditors commented worr...

nyonya penang: uh-huh, I got uncle lee's link from ur site actually.. =) Mr. auditor out d lar..haha thanks for dropping by

buyong: aihhhs. saja cerita untuk entertain u while we eat sate wad..bukannya hg nak cite ttg ur crush ponnn =P u kan engineer jugak? haha

uncle lee: thanks for dropping by.. =) bean counter ehh..this mr. Auditor is reall..well eccentric..thanks for d advice lol

zewt: tot u r an accountant? i assume accountants/auditors same characteristics wan wor...hahaha. hmm. true true.. but he accepted my $$$, does that mean that I make a poor date?

charng: I'm soooo glad u agree.haha. he is really 'kek pan'

nkw: hmmm so u think it's ok for him to treat girls as such?

zI: uh-huh *nods head =)

zewt said...

i am an accoutant but i have not worked as an auditor before. and now, i dont work as an accoutant either... i am a tax advisor.

anyway... i just think that guy failed la... dunno how to handle a lady. even his conversational topics are all out... hahaha... it's a skill that he has to learn... the hard way...

or...

you just suck.

what say you?

H.C. Tan said...

zewt: arrrghhhhh it's not me...is it???? *thinks...sighh

Anonymous said...

hahaha... glad i dropped by this post. very entertaining.

auditor frens? i oso have... but i guess some ppl are drilled into thinking that way. wat to do? *auditors* ma.

hope u have better dates next time. :P

buyong said...

lesson learn for readers : dont date an auditor

lessor learn for hooiching : STOP WITH THE TRICK QUESTION!!!!!!

pokeycatsg said...

haha... about his treatment. uhm... it's off i guess.

i would like to think that going dutch is okay. most people go dutch nowadays. if a girl who only knows how to spend and suck like a leech, then ask her go and die.

the rest leh, i think he go and bang the wall la

H.C. Tan said...

keninaz: I hope so too!~ hahaha

buyong: fine..next time you ask me for consultation, I will be charging you by the hour!~

nkw: *hmmm (ponders)