Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Epiphany

Hey I'm back to write abt my newly acquired notebook. Hehez...

Yes..today still feeling very cold, jalan also terumbang-ambing, no $$$ marr.

I have watched Simpsons The Movie which I thought was very kelakar siot..I enjoyed it a lot..and also finally, last nite I watched Transformers =) =)...On Friday, I went to Poppy's again. *heeheee my new 2nd home, kinda getting sick of Velvet.. It's a smaller group la this week, just me, DK, DK's friend visiting from Indonesia (Sarah), Joanne, Kei and Kei's friends..but it's still fun lar..the best thing is, the bartender gave us a glass of Russian Turkey, on the house when one of the girls wanted to get a drink from the bar =) (erm..I think it's vodka+cranberry juice, if my barmaiding knowledge does not fail me)...and we had another complimentary drink..it's definitely Screwdriver (vodka+orange juice)..but I guess this time it's from one of the guys sitting by the bar. *woo hoo guess it's really nice to go clubbing with hot chicks, I get to tumpang bahagia when someone buys my frenz drinks..

Oh Friday nite was also my company's 1st anniversary dinner, so we had a cocktail party kinda thingy at our building =) the food was ok..it's Eden catering..but we had champagne, Moet & Chandon and wine, some Merlot & Cabernet..maka a bit OD, that nite I slept soundly..woke up at 5pm on Saturday =) 12 hours of sleep is very the bahagia...so rolled on the bed a bit..makan the leftovers of the cheesy stuffs left from the company's dinner..and contemplating if I should join Joanne at Velvet that night..Finally let it pass, cos feeling a bit burned out (so unlike me to pass clubbing for supper)..Instead, I met up with Buyong (hehe buyong, you get a special mention in my blog again! See my pengorbanan for u!) for supper..I have never been to Bangsar (oh yes, I'm such a hermit/suaku) so we went to Bangsar Village for supper..looks happening lei..we walked around the streets..I finally saw BarFlam..then got one very Indian club called Chemistry sth sth..that has Bangra nite..Kollywood nite..Bollywood nite...so Buyong and I had this kinda heart-to-heart talk thing..(actually he wanted to consult me for sth.. *wink) oh well..but ended up me consulting/storytelling pulaks. Got home almost 3am and slept at 4am-ish.

The next day, woke up at 7am++~ uh-huh..3 hours sleep pulaks...I went to PERNIM, which Persatuan Kebajikan Anak Pesakit HIV/AIDS Nurul Iman, located in Kg. Baru Cheras...Chun Beng (TCB) invited me as his organization were going to throw a birthday bash for the kids there. The event finished about 2pm++..we played games..(okayyyy..they played games, I helped..to watch..) There are about 40++ kids living in that shelter, and that day there were abt the same number of volunteers. I got assigned to this kid, Amir...but he was soooo scared of me =( Then at last I ended up with a cute boy named Ameer..He wants to be a pilot when he grows up..I wanted to brainwash him to become an aircraft engineer instead,but he's kinda young..so..I didn't. Hehz, we helped them draw their dreams on tiles..there was a clown to entertain the kids and McD sponsored the lunch..lastly we had birthday cake and we kinda wrote wishes on a paper, tie them to helium balloons and let 'em up. (which is kinda like a pollution, cos eventually they'll fall also lar)..but I guess it's for the publicity kinda thing. But luckily I managed to charm a pair of twins (a bit terasa cos Amir was so scared of me..I actually made him sniffle) that kept smiling at me, Aizan and Aizat. But I was quite passive also la..stim stim coz not enough sleep lar...but I'm glad the kids enjoyed themselves..

Then sampailah my detik-detik of why I am so cold and unsteady these few days. The acquisition of a brandnew notebook. *jeng jeng, presenting Satellite M200-E412. Actually, I really really AM broke wan..nak makan also got kesusahan d.. (*sob sob)...but I just HAD to buy this notebook..due to the epiphany/wahyu that I got on Saturday nite at about 8pm..in fact, I immediately called David to ask him abt this Pikom PC fair thing. He says it's open till 9pm only so I couldnt go to the fair that night..Instead, I went Sunday afternoon after the charity thing. Lin works in ExxonMobil, so I conveniently parked at her workplace and she accompanied to fulfill what I was destined to do (which is, of course to buy a laptop). Okay, okay, I was lagi determined after KhongWui bragged about his NEC laptop he bought during the fair.

I was stuck in the car traffic jam on the road for 1 hr but the human congestion at the KL Convention Center was worse!~ My epiphany dictates (don't know it's the correct usage of the term o not) that I have to get a Japanese brand laptop (heeheee..but I heard Dell and HP ones tak tahan marrr)..so it was either Toshiba, NEC or Fujitsu. After comparing here and there..and my budget..actuali my budget is only 2k..but the epiphany thing says must get a good Japanese laptop..pricey wan..aihsssss. Anyway I ended up with this Toshiba notebook lah. Actually I had this warning that says I should not follow what the epiphany reveals, when the credit card I swiped (of course I didn't pay cash..I am broke, remember? I opted for the 12mths easy payment thing) didn't go through. As in, transaction failed la. Meaning lokpao zhor (over d lor)..And I called my assistant boss (a.k.a Dad..Mom is the boss), he asked me not to buy. Since credit card can't go thru ma..why paksa paksa??Wait another day la..But.....

1) My epiphany says I have to, no matter what
2) I been bargaining for 1 hour, it will be so mensiasueikan if I told the salesman, sorry, don't want d..
3) I have not watched anime for a month. Ugh! Esp Naruto, Bleach, Nodame Cantabile
4) If I want sth, I have to get it, or else I won't be able to sleep..
5) I'm tired and feeling a bit stimstim d, so wanted to get it over ASAP

So happens that dear Miss Lee had a credit card with her. and tadaaa...transaction done. although I have no idea how I'm going to pay her back RM4.2k (since Dad specifically says, "if you want it, buy it yourself"). So I am going to skimp and save for a long long long long time..but I'm happy with the notebook la =)

8 comments:

narrowband said...

Since I bought my new harddisk from PC Fair, my PC now also feels like new :p

Wei, post pictures leh.

zewt said...

you just keep writing cos it's your new note book right? hahaha... !!

This sat, my friend kenninaz is celebrating his bday in your second home... aka my former second home... if you're there... wish him! :)

Anonymous said...

yeay my second mention in ur blog...neway it was always a pleasure having a heart-2-heart talk to you..and sorry for the bird crap ya...lesson learnt: JGN PARKING BWH POKOK...

reddaisie said...

walau u...baru start working already hutang d..ish ish...

Anonymous said...

epiphany: bolehhhh la i guess. it *can* be direalignkan to your meaning.

my gosh, 4.2k is not a small amount of money. Ms. Lee must be a really REALLY good fren. =)

here's to maggi mee for the rest of the year!

H.C. Tan said...

narrowband: yalah tu..u so proud of it haha

zewt: how la i wanna noe is keninaz? anyw..i'm typing from company pc la.hehe

buyong: yala hang tak sponsor utk my carwash ponnn

pao: aih..hutang keliling pinggang lo

keninaz: wat to do..i'm orang kaya ma..hmm in this case, miss lee is the orang kaya. haha. maggi 4eva~ lol..no worries..i will 'chih yam chih sek' at my aunt's lo

Irked T said...

lol...epiphany/wahyu, sounds so cute. Must be ur ego. U watching Nodame Cantabile as well? Very nice an anime...That club with many Indians is Absolute Chemistry, but usually not much Indian I guess and it's cheap.

H.C. Tan said...

tristan: haha. it's not ego!! its takdir..!! yaya absolute chemistry~ lol..nodame cantabile anime and drama also nice...