Friday, June 09, 2006

Viva World Cup

Just realised that I did not make any post on World Cup..it starts today!! am so excited la.. tonight's match Costa Rica vs. Germany..I think I'll go for Costa Rica..since Germany I only kenal Oliver Kahn..But tomorrow's match for England-Paraguay..it's definitely Paraguay for me..hehhe thanks to the fact that I was obsessed with Roque Santa Cruz 4 years ago..I even went around penning my name as Ching Santa Cruz, as Janice is crazy abt Maldini. HEHE

Hey..I do watch footie for football kayz. No, I anti Beckham wan..I've read some really male chauvinist posts yada that says uncool stuff on girls that watch football?..I can name 10 here that do watch football for the love of football..This is instilled cos our dads watch it and he alwiz berebut remote control for certain matches..those I know who watch..hmm, there's thongching, corrine, waiwai, janice, meiyi, yitphing etc etc etc..therefore guys dont pre-judge!!

(flashback 4 years ago)..
May 31st-June 30th..I was in Form 6 when World Cup started..that time me and thongching were still waiting for our applications to go UTM..since ours is 3rd intake,so we went in a month later than the other batch of 1st intake students..spent 2 months in Form 6..but then, we knew we didn't want to continue Form 6,so we were practically failing all our monthly tests *phew..don't think we studied one bit. haha. I remember getting 40% for my Physics test, then I changed to Biology class instead..I got 27% nia for its test, worst! -_-" the reason we didn't hit the books..WORLD CUP.. matches start about 3pm or 4pm till about 9pm at night, if I still remember correctly. But I know I hogged the telly and practically made a nest on the couch. Every single match (did I watch it via Astro?...only night matches I think)..I switched between channels TV2 and NTV7, cos the matches run simultaneously..unless it's those matches that I really really support the team, then I glue to it lar..

I was Dad and Ah Teongku's(uncle) reporter..since both of them made bettings and can't watch it at work, so they rang home to know the results (Dad can know the results via livescore.com anyway)..but I just give the game analysis on how the teams fare and stuff.In between? I am on the phone with Janice or Thongching discussing the match (and the football players!) hehehe. Then we were accepted to go into UTM, we were in quite a dilemma, we didn't want to leave yet cos no more WC for us..I remember that it was Friday when we reached Johor..Dad drove la,cos too many stuffs to pack, I only received the notice on Tuesday..But me and Thongching (and dad, thongching's dad) damn kincheong cos it's the match between Brazil vs. England. We managed to find a telly at the administrative office at my faculty while I filled in my application forms..So I filled it in, very very very slowly. hehe..

Ah..triumph and tears of WC..I actually cried (yep! cried!! eheh, erm...more like a tear rolling out from my eye) when Argentina lost to England, hence out of the running for the title. Silly hor.. Basically I cried cos Arg was in a super economic doldrum at that time, and its citizens only had WC to look forward to..so quite kelian ma lost in WC..and the tv showed a super cute fan sobbing when they lost!Sure my tears kenot tahan d..Also damn pekchek when South Korea scored a goal at 117th minute while playing against Italy..(made many ppl lost lots and lots of money, not to mention)..yada yada yada..enough of reminiscence..I'm back at 'work', by the way

Kesimpulannya..this time around, I'll still be rooting for my favourite teams Paraguay, Argentina and Italy..IMHO, World Cup is not just about football, it is the player's passion and spirit and their semangat to play their very best to bring glory to their country.. EPL and other leagues, they just play cos they're obliged to, cos the clubs sign them up ma..watching their triumphant and sorrowful moments can really be touching u noe..

Santa Cruz rocks!~

3 comments:

Gallivanter said...

As long as the England don't win the World Cup, I'm fine. We'll never hear the end of it for another 50 years if they do...they're still talking about 66!

Irked T said...

England will rulez...no matter how!So as Brazil!

H.C. Tan said...

daniel: haha yeps..but england didnt perform well also lar last nite..

tristan:hmm england?..nah.. haha