Sunday, January 15, 2006

Worst driving luck

Yesterday, yeah Saturday was a bad,bad,bad day for me. Hell, it was. After having a wonderful Friday night outing with Loke and her friends, I expected the same for yesterday. So I woke up in the afternoon, about 12pm (hey, it's saturday, you are allowed to sleep in!! =P) then I received a call from a friend which I have been expecting since he told me in advance a week ago that we should meet up. Sure, since he is a dear friend.

Is it my fault that he told me to meet up at 3pm last week and suddenly to expects me to reach at 1.30pm instead, being Tebrau City about 30kms away? or is it 25km? when he calls up at 12.45pm?? A girl's gotta bathe, brush teeth, pick out some decent clothes to wear, with my gazillion zits, sure have to paint on some ICI Dulux also right? I got ready in record time,about 1.10pm

Then, I started driving. With the sense of direction as bad a blind bat, I took a wrong turning and had to drive to God knows where and took a super big round to reroute yada yada. I ended up in Taman Daya, Austin Heights and some place with many many big factories. When I finally reached Aeon, the complex being a new shopping centre, was jam-packed with cars. Had to susah-payah park. When I finally saw him, he was scowling, because I was late. Very late. Wei, 2pm nia ma!! 40kms all the way (plus the wrong turnings) to see him scowl? wahlao eh. And after I texted him that I was lost, he immediately took his lunch. &^%$# I haven't even taken my breakfast yet!!

So he sat there watching me eat, and then we chatted for a while, and then he had to go coz his company bus is expecting him and his colleagues by 3pm. So about 2.40pm I dropped him and his friend by the bus. By then I was already crappy as hell coz of some events/conversation that took place within that 40mins. Kesimpulannya, I was pretty pissed off. I managed to keep a smile plastered on my face although I was fuming inside, since he did took all the trouble to ask me out in advance. Hey, I also did take all the trouble to travel all the way ma~

In fact, I was supposed to be having my lab discussion with my groupmates but of course, I stood them up for him. I expect some courtesy. And yada yada yada. So we bid farewell in not a very best-of-friends way. I hate guys with manners/gentlemanliness of an ogre!! End of Part I. Mood rating: drops to 80%

Then my adventure starts. Since the needle of my fuel tank has reached E like,so so long ago, but I didn't want to fuel up as I didn't want to be late. So I had to go refuel, then took some wrong turnings again, and get myself caught in some huge congestion. Okay, stuck half hour there.
Mood rating: drops to 65%

And after thinking in my mind why I got myself into such a trouble in the first place and what I got in return,
mood rating: drops to 45%

I was in a foul mood =( %$#^$%^ Growls to myself. Then I got into my infamous reward system mood swing. I called up Pelangi Leisure Mall GSC, booked two tickets for Memoirs of A Geisha which I very much anticipated. Then I called up Jennifer, my dear housemate (since she's very excited about the movie as well) to come down to watch. She agreed. ME? I was so busy on the phone with her I missed the turning to Pelangi Mall. 4pm then. Movie at 4.50pm.

Damn JB roads. Once you miss a turning, there's not much chance that you will come across a U-Turn sign within a 10km radius. Okay, okayyyy 5km then. I don't know how, but ended up somewhere near City Square. I stopped to ask for directions, but misleading ones. Finally reached Pelangi Leisure Mall at 4.25pm.
Mood rating: drops to a dismal 30%

Finally Jennifer reached at 5pm,we did miss a bit on the beginning but it's okay, cos I did download the movie anyway, heheh. Just that I needed to watch the movie on the big screen 1st. Then it was more than 2hrs of good movie, munching on popcorn and sipping Pepsi. We came out a bit teary eyed. Hehe. Not me lah. Jennifer. Hehe. Okay...I almost cried. Almost nia lah.
Mood rating: Increased to a good 70%

After that we went to MPH bookstore to browse through some novels talked about some good books that we've read. We went to have dinner at Kyushu Nihon Ryori restaurant nearby, which was very nice. I had some Saba Bento (yes, I also had Japanese food with Loke the day before!!) and we stayed on till almost 10.30pm to chat and talk about the good ol' times.
Mood rating: increased to a hearty 95%

Both of us being no sense of direction whatsoever, decided to let her lead instead. Lead,she did. To a dead end instead. But by then, I was in such a good mood again, it didn't affect me one bit. 5mins later, we came to a complete stop. The junction to go back to Skudai was blocked...somewhere before Danga Bay. We waited for more than half an hour for the VIPs, judging from the length of time we waited, it must be VVVIP instead. My car infront, Jennifer's behind me. And the endless string of cars behind us. After I went to ask the traffic police in front of us, apparently we are waiting for the Sultan to pass. What Sultan?!? We see cars like Wira, Iswara, Kancil, buses, City Tram, but no Sultan. Save the police bikes with sirens and some luxury cars passing by. But we still weren't allowed to cross. Me and Jennifer drank like, so so so many glasses of ocha (green tea) at the restaurant.

Waiting for VIP+bladder almost bursting,
mood rating: dropped drastically to 20%

Then we finally were allowed to go. I drove like a maniac and wanted to go home ASAP to relieve my bladder. %###%^@# I took another wrong turning and my mind screamed all types of profanity then. And to U-Turns in the another 10kms!!! I ended up near City Square. And it was so bloody CONGESTEDDDDD!!!! All the Singaporean cars were on their way back to S'pore. I wanted to go to the right lane, since I was at the far left. My my, what good manners all of them have. All in their Harriers, Subarus, Vios seeing me in my li'l Kancil bullied me to no end. None of them would let me pass, and finally some old looking car let me cut in after I rolled down the window to wave my hand. Finally I managed to go into the right lane. And finally I got home. at 1.15am.

Almost yanked my hair out.
Mood rating: ended: - 50%

and also with a massive pounding in my head

I clocked a record mileage of 120km yesterday. It could have been just 50km. ^&#@^%$

5 comments:

narrowband said...

Why so many wrong turnings? I tot u in Johor many years dy!

Admin said...

hahahaha!!!!! girl, girls, girls. mood can go up, go down without control.

JoeC said...

waaah, you are more active than the stock market liao, what a day huh? yep, i stayed at jb for a year and the roads in the city is confusing, small and very jam. cheers!

Irked T said...

haha!next time if u take a wrong turn to Tmn Daya then jus drop by my house lah...

H.C. Tan said...

narrowband: aiyo my sense of direction is very the poor wan...

ahpek: bohpien, chaboh is lidat ma, hv the right to be this way *lolz

joeC: i would say the roads are all very wide and very very tarak U-Turn. pekchek. hehe

kok whei: yalo, i know u and a few of the yong sheng gang budaks all live in taman daya wan..hehe