Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm alive le

Sorry I typed this on my laptop before posting it online..! I’m ok!!! Hehee it’s pretty lengthy so just andaikan that it’s a composition la k. It may sound quite incoherent cos I typed it on a very cold morning at 4am.

1st day (15th October 2007)

Seems like there was this miscommunication, I said that I will be leaving on the 15th of Oct..but is actuali Sunday nite kinda 15th…as in midnight.

TIP#1: if you are traveling alone…never ever bring too many luggages!!

My check in luggage was 30kgs n handcarry abt 15kgs..aihs 45kgs is abt the weight of a healthy girl already…really mentensionkan lugging them around. When I reached Rome airport..(Fiumicino) it was nightmare...!i had to stop every 50-100metres to catch my breath…even now my back still aching…and God knows what I brought..now I open the luggage bag I realised that I probably could’ve kept it light…upon reaching Roma Termini train station,this is the nightmare part. Dahlah kena jalan jauh giler to buy ticket, my whole semester of Italian macam flushed into the toilet bowl adi..CANNOT PAKAI AT ALL!!! Worst part is ppl in ita don’t speak English. Got also not very fluent. Super the rare case.i reached the train station at abt 2pm+ but since I walked like kura-kura tempang, and I’ve to be super careful with my luggage esp myRM4.2k Toshiba laptop .. passport.. money.. camera which I so-cleverly (or stupidly) divided into 5 bags..so cant leave any behind. *tsk. Then searching high and low for the vending machine to buy ticket wan…tak jumpa…at last found, but not sure if I should go to counter purchase or use vending machine ma, so I went to a corner trying to figure out…want to make international call 2 lili but cant reach her…and don’t know who else to call. Use public phone call the directory but like cat and dog talk, then finally figured out how 2 use the vending machine…lili specifically said, board ONLY Eurostar! Then I saw Eurostar to Perugia is €18 but at 8pm…another is Regionale at 6.14pm for just €10.50…€7.50 is RM35 adi u know… so I lagi tension cos not sure which I should take. N earlier trains…got…transit 3times wan..giler…impossible with my luggage. So I wait lo. Waited in hunger n thirst lo...luckily on plane ate adi…if not sure pengsan..want to buy McD..but luggage cant leave behind…aihs..

anyw at last I went to the counter to purchase my ticket…Regionale…cheaper but more stops lo. 3pm+ sat by the sidewalk to wait lo. Called my parents to announce arrival in Rome. There was a lady sitting beside be that kept eyeing my luggages which made me very the tension. Remember never talk to strangers? I’m glad I did…turns out she is a Malaysian who lives in Japan…very nice…even helped me look at my luggages when I when to check on my train departure etc…even carried my luggage bag for me..I felt a little dubious la..but she said she was waiting for her tourmates and she still had a few hours more to wait…about my mom’s age wan..sumore sent me off and wished me good luck when my train departed. Haha. It was about 3 hours journey to Perugia..very the cold at night lo…can’t contact Lili sumore..upon reaching Perugia I really am doubtful what I should do..cos it was about 9pm already at that time…lugged my things naik the bus..and the bus driver didn’t even tell me when I reached the university…thus took another round of journey..sesampainya 10pm+ malam buta university memang not open wan le..and couldn’t call lili..and I have no idea where the hostel is. I went to ask a girl at Romcaffe…she recommended I stay at a hotel for the night..45€ I memang tak sanggup la..I contemplated waiting at the bus stop till morning for Lili…then the girl’s bf came..after they discussed, and they do not know where the hostel is..they actually let me put up with them for the night…Chinese couple…Paolo and Viola..I know I know..complete strangers and yet…??? But after 40hours without much sleep, 12 hours without food and water…30 hours without bathing…and berjam-jam lamanya with the stupid luggage bags..memang desperate adi…I slept on their couch..get to bathe, even get to eat home cooked dinner. Which reminds me that I need to go find them to thank them again..maybe I will buy chocolates for them at the Euro Chocolate fair.

The rest of the days

Left my luggages with Viola, and went to search and enrol properly at the Universita’ per Stranieri di Perugia. Finally found Lili at the class..so happy..apparently she bought a Italian Sim Card and changed it…that’s why I couldn’t contact her. A bit frust with her la…but she helped me apply for Permesso di Sioggiorno (permit to stay), buy simcard, look for room etc…the days after were not very eventful adi, just loads of me walking and walking and dog+cat talking when asking Italians questions. Finally I found a room, Lili accompanied me to look for it..found one, but it was 280€ which was over my budget…then looked sumore..cos Lili’s was just 170€/month, so I could estimate how much I was willing to spend for a room. At last!!! After the 3rd day, found a room, 180€/mth…plus electricity+water should cost about 210€..ahhhhhh =) I’m now living with 2 Chineses, 2 Italians and a Moroccan. Nope!!! Not guys…its all females…although if they were males it’d be dreamy. Haha just joking la..how also living with girls will be much more convenient right?

Last week there was an annual Euro Chocolate Festival in Perugia…about 10mins away from my university..I went on Friday and Sunday to have a look…and bought almost 30€ worth of chocs (wahhhh also RM100++ adi…very tasty..hehehe this festival is really packed with visitors from everywhere! =)

So sekian sahajalah my update for the moment..all is well =) my Ita no is: +393282041465… so anything can sms me here la! My 012 no is still in use…so u can still text me as per normal…but the cost of calling and texting using my 012 and this Wind prepaid is really exorbitant..So anyways…just because I tak contact u guys don’t mean u all can’t contact me laaaaa. And this Ita number..so far I’ve spent 15€ in 1 week just on calling to find room and texting someone (oi this someone better appreciate it!) and also text few other ppl… Time to tidur adi… btw..classes are not bad, but I’m more than a week behind so kinda lost in space at the moment…

P/s: yes!!! Super miss Malaysia..didn’t realise the kebaikans of Malaysia till now..and dirt cheap also the things…everything here is so bloody expensive lo…

23rd October 2007

Hmmm since I don’t have broadband here (apparently that it is super duper the expensive to be online in Italia..uh-huh) suddenly I so appreciate our more-often-than-not lagging Streamyx. Anyways, today is my 8th day here…approximately 262 days more to go…As much as I love Italy, haha I think I am ready to go back adi la…9 months is just TOO long…I think 3 months will be just nice lo. Right now I am attending classes from Tuesday to Friday, on Mondays I don’t have class, at least not for the A2 level I enrolled in la…And till now I have not travelled to anywhere except nearby my university. 1st of all, it is TOO COLD (molto freddo) to go anywhere at all…

So far my routine is… lights off by 12am (yes!!! Even I myself am so surprised that I am so disciplined)…never off the lights past 1am, the latest also at 12.45am like that. Then I wake up at 8am or 9am, if it is not too cold then I wake up at 9.30am. Wake up, have breakfast (biscuits, noodles or bread with milk)…then sit down, watch anime, take a bath, watch anime, then make lunch or go out to university and buy lunch on the way, go for lessons till late in the evening, after classes shop for things to cook for dinner, then cook dinner, watch anime then sleep. YEAP for exactly 1 week I have been doing that. On last weekend I visited Euro Chocolate lo…Other than that did not do anything productive at all le. Just watch lots of anime. Haha don’t know how my Italian will improve la that way. So far only 1 good thing came out of this trip…I don’t take supper here…Why ah? Nothing to do also, no MSN to play, no meaning to stay up late..I take dinner at 8pm++ …and a very big portion sumore…no point also la if I don’t go to bed…so I ma go to bed lo…at that time even hungry also I don’t eat adi..coz too cold to crawl out of the bed. Hehehe.

Aihssssss bilalah baru I dapat turun bukit?... and it is sooooo difficult to not speak English at all…I am positively sure that by the end of 9 months my English will be super the cacat…I am here just one week and I am already speaking Italian-style English. On the scale of 1 to 10, its about 1.5. As in, compared to normal English that we speak la back in Malaysia. =P Okla time to tidur adi…I also don’t revise everyday wan…by night time it is too cold ma, I only wrap myself in my comforter and watch Naruto and One Piece old episodes. =P
Ciao ciao..I leave you with a few random pix me and Lili took when we went Euro Chocolate and also at some locations. Miss being online!




10 comments:

happyashley said...

good to hear that you are alive. and u test all ur bees never test me.. T_T hahaha.. juzkiddin. neway...

YOU GO ALL THE WAY TO ITALY TO WATCH ANIME?????? GET YOUR BUTT OUT AND DO SOME ADVENTURE! I'm sure your uni prolly got organise some kind of events for new international students. Time to brush up that italian and get ur italian hunks!

For a moment i thought the paolo was err.. u noe la which paolo

:) miss ya!

reddaisie said...

OB!!! glad to hear from u again!!!
that's really an adventure...but i'm sure u are gonna love that place soon...and when u 9 months is up...u might wanaa stay a bit longer...i mean..just a bit la...coz no matter wat..MALAYSIA or should i say...PENANG i still the best...
Enjoy urself there...hope to hear from u more often...
as for me..FINAL PAPER TODAY!!!
then MERDEKA!!!!
MIss u OB!!!
take care and take lotsa ncie pics ya :P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, babe.
Trust me, it's gonna get COLDER. :p
We'll continue to catch up off blogs, my friend.

*Baci e Abbracci*

Anonymous said...

Yeah~ Thank God, you're back(to blog)!!! Glad to hear from you girl, just finish your LONG blog during office hour, need to act serious like reading something very important from Big Boss, hah...

Seems like you had a hard time when you just reached Rome airport and also Perugia, the scene that you describe in your blog, you know, is just like a part of a movie, hehe... a girl, alone, lot of luggages, unfamiliar place, english tak boleh pakai, lost, meet strangers... Just wish that i can be there, carry luggage for you, haha~

^^, pass your number (both) to all avcen-ist alrd, hope that they will sms you...

Be strong OK, i know you're a tough girl~!! 9 months is short lah, enjoy your time there, take care...

All the Best~

H.C. Tan said...

heng:hahah miss u too

pao: hahaha ok ok...will send u more pix!

jem: hugz!

chunkiat: hehe will keep u guys updated!

narrowband said...

Wah lau eh - tak ber-proper planning langsung, summore have to put up at strangers' place. U're very lucky you bumped into all nice (and trustworthy) people. You had everything to lose lol...

How come sudah late for lessons wan, not on schedule wan meh? What an adventure (and thankfully you survived)!

Anonymous said...

Gal u are good..solute u lei..haha...anyway, all the best to u la..n do blog.i'll b reading..:> miss u. rgds,jolene ooi

热冰山 said...

Aiyo,can imagine berapa byk sampah u brought to there, ur hobby ma...haha!! ai ni o!

Anonymous said...

do update often !
I was hoping for some cute italianos hunk pix somewhere in ur blog, tsks....disappointment !
Oits... go out and widen ur social circle, x hang around with anime la. Then how r u gonna intro me alessandro, filipi, andre, fabio...etc?

H.C. Tan said...

n/band: aiya bukan i nak punya ma..sometimes i just..well..am not organized! haha most of the time la..and yes, very thankful la..am very lucky =)

jowl: miss u HPCians! ok ok keep reading hahaha

sanrong: wat hobby!!! i dont keep and bring sampah wan ok! hahah although 50% of the things I bring to italy now is not used. haha

ptc: ermmm wait la my italian more fluent abit..now is limited to asking for directions and to buy groceries oni.hahaha the kata kata romantis nid practice k! muaz!!! eh u and sanrong sms me la to update! me very sien here oi