Tuesday, October 30, 2007

2nd post in italia

Oh dear I think I am now obsessed with shopping!!! For the 1st week here, initially I kept converting from RM to Euro, I memang tak sanggup want to spend wan, even eat also must think twice. But now…I keep buying and buying and buying everyday! Arrrrghhhhh, groceries, meaningless things, food and CLOTHES! Aihhhhsssss

Yes, on Sunday I went for a stroll at the center of Perugia, there was this night market going on…I purposely did not bring out my wallet so that I wouldn’t spend. But unfortunately Lili brought hers! Bought a super nice top, but 35Euro! X4.88 = will bring to RM170.80. It’s just a simple top that would probably cost RM80-90 in Malaysia…aiya…but itu Lili told me kenot convert wan (she pulak tak sanggup to even spend 5Euro, say cannot simply spend, when we have the same amount of scholarship disbursement every mth)…

so I kandas and bought it on impulse…erm…not really impulsive la…I tried it 3 times before I bought and asked Lili whether it looked nice about oh,10 times? And I love European sizes!!! In Malaysia I usually have to opt for size L or XL cos of the broad shoulders…but now…yesterday test XS also can fit worrr…hahaha bwaahhaahaha muahahahaha. But I took the M size wan la, cos the top is longer. Don’t want short wan, can cover my big butt.hehe…

Also now I am so very obsessed with cooking! Hehe but my new housemate is a bad influence la…Wang Rui @ Claudia (Chinese national) is sooooo good in cooking…and she kept teaching me new recipes and when she makes the dishes, I get to eat a good portion of it…with what I am having also of course! Arrrggggghhhh…

Yummilicious dumplings…Deep fried sorta potato pancakes…Chicken stew…

As for me, being creative…have many types of pasta everyday, fusili, spaghettini, spaghetti, penne, farfala pasta, sfoglia, etc etc…tried with different pasta sauce…but tomato paste is basically very cheap here, so I have meatball pasta, mushroom pasta, fried egg pasta, broccoli pasta, tuna pasta… -_-“

But I think 2 weeks of that can be a bit scary la…I’m having severe laksa withdrawal symptom at the mo…or tomyam…or mee bandung…yikes!
But I do think if I fry potato and rice together it do tastes good. With egg, tuna and tomato paste. Hehe. But last night I successfully cooked stir-fried vegetable with carrot and meat. Even tastes kind of like grandma’s cooking! The most basic dish la other than fried egg. Hehee. Am proud! Comforted to know that I won’t have to eat pasta and mashed potato for 9 months. Hehz.

On the other note, there are 3 best buy items that I absolutely love at the moment!
1) My comforter – 25.90€ it’s a comforter meant for queen size bed, since my bed is single one, so I can wrap myself up into a ball every night. For the 1st 2 nights in the new room (previously I stayed in hostel ma) I almost froze to death! Then my housemate brought me to shop for blanket/comforter…I wore 7 layers of clothes but still cold like hantu. Now..2 layers to bed is more than enough!!! Hehe

2) Wintercoat - 15€ Cheap right??? Just amount to about, RM75! It’s really comfy and nice too!! Hehe much nicer than the white one I bought in Malaysia…but I took M la..a bit regret..cos a bit big…should’ve tried on S and see wan…(European size is different than in Malaysia…me trying S in Msia is impossible!) but still love it!!!

3) Dictionary – 6.2€ hahaha. Yeap. I carry this pocket dictionary everywhere I go…even to shop for groceries! Ahhhhhh~

p/s: Am struggling to speak Chinese/Mandarin here..Now I sooooo realize that the Mandarin we use in Msia is absolutely tak boleh pakai outside of Msia (Spore maybe laaa)…cos my Chinese housemates don’t really understand what I’m saying half of the time. I am slowly being purely di-Cinakan by them now…heee heee…and most of my classmates are Chinese also…they also don’t know what I am talking about most of the time. Hehz…oh…There is a Brazilian, a Dutch, a Palestine, an Iranian, a French, an English and the rest are Chinese in my class.

p/s/s: Goes without saying my Italian lagi the struggle la.hahaha. more like sign language most of the time =P

p/s/s/s: am proudly utilizing my RM4.2k Toshiba lappie to the max!!! to watch Naruto to sleep every (EVERY!!!) single day to sleep. So my likelihood of speaking Japanese is higher than speaking Italian anytime soon -_-“

outside my uni


I terpijak tahi anjing!
Random pix..bottom right is a hospitalRandom pix also Pix of my food

More food I cook hehehe

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good! Good! Learn to cook more Italian.. & after 9 mths, I want to sample your Italian cooking. :p

Miss you, my dear.

*Baci e Abbracci*

~charng said...

wahh wahh wahhh!

热冰山 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
热冰山 said...

yesterday test XS also can fit worrrhahaha... bwaahhaahaha muahahahaha
>>>>>congrat!!! finally u can wear XS d! hahaha bwaahhaahaha muahahahaha!!!

Wat mandarin in Msia tak boleh pakai?!!! Dun sia sui ur mandarin teacher here k! mayb ur hm faham apa lily cakap, jz tak tau apa u cakap nia ma...u noe ur mandarin la....hahaha bwaahhaahaha muahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

haha..
amusing experience.. how many hours difference issit between m'sia and italy?

i'd love to test try a call to ur italian mobile..

oh btw, it's fantastic experience, but u've gotta sample italian football too :D

Anonymous said...

dude...
u x cook ur "pan mee"?
i kinda miss it
btw, harga tepunng kat msia sudah naik!!!
p/s: will sms u often
dun worry, i won't expect replies from u since i think it's better to save the $$$ for ahem..(u know who!)

Anonymous said...

MISSY I MISS YOU!!! *baci*

H.C. Tan said...

jemima: miss ur blog too.hahaha now i cant really surf Net..sighhh im not cooking italian food..mostly chinese+hooiching fusion.haha..

charng: lol

sanrong: 1st of all, u tak ajar proper italian...2nd of all...they also dont really know wat lili talking about..3rd of all..i think i fatter adi..so the XS thing not applicable liao

khek: haha...call la my ita mobile...24/7 on wan...7 hours difference lo now...as for football..sigh..jasad in italy but minda tak soak in any italian at all

ptc: with all the pasta, do i nid panmee? haha miss u la babe

jan: missy i miss u a lot too! luckily we met up b4 i leave..but my rancangan all tergendala..no cute guys ma..

Anonymous said...

Wow... the food looks nice lo... :)

tya said...

nice photo...
thx..

H.C. Tan said...

Jayce: Thanks

Tya: thank you!