Friday, January 08, 2010

Happy new year 2010 and 'twas 2009

2009 passed by in a breeze, like totally and completely. It was a fruitful year, lots of Facebooking and networking haha. but also i grew so much (other than horizontally) mentally...I'd like to think that I've become a better person, more matured having worked with colleagues from all around the globe...and it ended wonderfully for me too. Just a few things, a recap of the events that happened in 2009... :)

  • January - Went to Houston for an induction course, my 1st time in the States. I loved it there, met up with old friends and made new friends too. Tried Tex Mex, and had very good steaks. Oh, fulfilled a long time dream to visit NASA. and Chipotle...and Wal-Mart :)
  • March/April - 1st time in UAE also, was in Dubai for a 2 weeks course. Had amazing Lebanese food, again met wonderful people...saw some fancy malls and buildings...but then again, I'm more of a natural scenery type lover, instead of canggih buildings...but still, the trip was great
  • the rest of year went by in a breeze, work was depressing at times, and I so badly wanted to work offshore so that I can tick it in my checklist of "things to do"...but the move wasn't too easy but still I guess I persevered? Anyway, working in my previous company, I loved my colleagues. They're such fantastic people and helpful...and I guess I was pretty nice with them also (I'd like to think that I was popular among them haha)
  • Yoga - I had the opportunity to take up Yoga again and I loved it. I was busy stalking a cute yoga instructor too. LOL
  • July - Rainforest Music Festival...I loved it. A significant *something* happened there which shall remain a secret but anyways, I also got myself a tattoo :) it's a symbol of Aum...
  • Definition: The eternal process of birth, life, death and rebirth, and life incarnate. The Aum is the Universal symbol of Creation. Its four parts represent the four stages of consciousness: Awake, sleeping, dreaming, and the transcendental state.

    The sacred syllable of creation, the Word that went forth in the beginning and from which all other sounds originated.

    Unity between all people, creatures, and things.
    Aum is also the symbol for Yoga :)
    The tribal motives: Hornbill and Dragon, which are protections for Ibans to ward off harm and disease.
  • August - Nov: Was really tied up with work and also looking for opportunities to go into technical dept, be it internally or externally. it was too difficult to change inside, so I went with a friend's advice and looked for opportunity outside. Well with my ex-company, I did really well, I think, especially my rapport with my colleagues and even those who are in senior management. I proposed several initiatives for personnel development and one of it was endorsed. So it was good. I even went into Resource, a Malaysian oil and gas magazine where they do a quarterly feature of Women in O&G. I was one out of 3 featured. LOL it made me want to go to the oil rig even much more! At the end of Nov...I quitted.

  • It was a month of many events...I had a new job, went to a new place, met new people, and...had a new boyfriend. Yes. :) rather, I got into a relationship. With one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. He's actually my ex-colleague. Sweet, smart, quiet, sensitive and nice. He was my best friend at work. Well, sort-of. "Best Chimui"...mana tau...We just got together mid-Dec...and almost 1 month old now. It won't be easy with a long distance relationship, me being in Labuan and him being in KL...He did come visit during X'mas and stayed till New Year. ^_^ (Oh in case you guys curious, here's a pic)...LOL finally a decent post from me in MONTHS!!! Hope to update more often...

I've a feeling that 2010 is going to be a great year, and I'm going to make sure that every year, every day I will treasure each experience gained and to improve myself for the better. It won't be easy with my new job, but insyaAllah... :)

Oklah, time to get back to work...toodles...Happy New Year guys... (sorry typing in hurry haha)

5 comments:

jemima said...

I foresee a happy Hooi Ching in 2010. :)

Pao Pao said...

Ur life is so happening!!!
U rawk girl..
And ur new guy...
Pls extend our warm welcome to him to our club :)
Mr Alibaba :)

zewt said...

ahh... finally showing yourself... with a dude :)
congrats!

Khek said...

haha.. may it be a good year ahead la.. Soon you'll have to leave that rig job also, not exactly the most conducive environment for a family life.. *winks*

H.C. Tan said...

jem: i think so too! :)

pao: LOL he pressure dah lah wanna meet the rest of the HPC...

zewt: hahaha hopefully i'll be as happy as u and Jules

khek: we'll see, we'll see :)