Saturday, January 16, 2010

being grateful

Just now I went out for lunch with my bunch of colleagues...a new colleague just joined us last week, she's working like an admin for us in the maintenance team. Really nice, attractive and sweet. I thought she was just one of the regular us...I was always not in the office (we have to work in the workshop as trainees) so I've never noticed her physical attributes and stuff...

Then while we were eating, she sat across me. her food arrived and she prayed. then she picked up her utensils and only did I notice that she had 2 fingers missing, and the other 3 deformed. her left hand was alright though...I was taken back, because I sat in her car once, and she drove fine to me...but she was able to eat normally and stuff, so I'd think it was something that she acquired since birth...

A bunch of emotions came into my mind. Admiration, because she seemed so normal and is not wallowing in self-pity, seems like a confident person to me. but also pity because she seemed very attractive to me, except for this 1 imperfection...If to put it bluntly, she would be considered disabled. Is it ok to even work in my current company, would it be dangerous for her...but she's based inside the office so it's fine...but for guys to want to date her, superficial ones would probably not want someone like that? Yes, mean thoughts came to me, but this is a cruel world, I'm just stating things the way it is. Then I felt ashamed of myself. I've never given much thought to my limbs that work perfectly fine...my 10 fingers and 10 toes... never had a struggle before. Definitely should appreciate it and am very thankful for what God blessed me.

I've always preached to people about being thankful of what you have. But I guess I always meant it in the sense of material possessions, people that care for you...the physical attractiveness that you have...but not really about fully working limbs...Will need to remind myself constantly not to take things for granted. They are a blessing.

3 comments:

jemima said...

I'm thankful to have you for a friend.

*hugs*

Z3phy said...

who cares...so long as she is good in bed and she can give a good handjob.

I'm sure any guy would'nt mind

Oh..and personality wise.

H.C. Tan said...

jem: me too!

ke ai nv ren: ???

zephy: really?...hmm. i'd think that personality ranked 1st.