Saturday, January 23, 2010

My kept man

It happened when abang Soon (my beau) visited me in Labuan, he was very malas to keluar makan for lunch so i offered to meet him at Ujana Kewangan (Labuan's biggest shopping mall) straight after work so that we could have lunch together. actually i dah makan d, but just wanted to make sure my abang gets fattened up.

As a FYI, in Labuan, it is considered a "fashion statement" to be walking around in coveralls. In any other part else in Malaysia (except Kemaman, Terengganu) it would be like a major fashion faux pas to be wearing coveralls to melepak anywhere - Coveralls are like what those mechanics wear one lah, btw. so anyways here in Labuan, people seems to like to lepak and eat lunch and eat dinner in their coveralls, me not excluded. Sometimes when I would go out for lunch, I would just go eat straight in my coveralls also. Mentang2 sumore is coverall of my company (one of the biggest oilfield service provider in the world), so it doesn't make me any prouder, but according to a friend, these guys in Kemaman would be so PROUD that they'd wear it until 10pm at nite LOL.

Back to my story, yeah it is considered a norm to be wearing coveralls. sometimes when girls wear coveralls people would look though, cos it's not common for girls to be in the oil and gas industry. So that day, if I'm not mistaken, on New Year's eve, I got to go back early so went to meet him straight at the shopping mall.

Usually here in Labuan, what we would see is a guy in coveralls and by the side a woman - As the "kupu-kupu malam" industry is big here and i guess women would also want to be with men from oil and gas industry (considered lucrative compared to other industries) so memang normal lah. Men in coveralls with women by their sides. be it girlfriend ker, isteri ker, kept woman ker...

and the ironic thing was, I was working at the yard (workshop) that day, and under the sun, with grease all over my coveralls and stuff...(really looked like mechanic)...then I was in my safety boots also, wearing it phua chu kang style. then when my abang came to meet me, it was actually very funny for me. lol. me, in coveralls, safety boots and grease and holding hands with my "bat jeng jeng" (cleanshaven) abang. It really felt like he was my kept man instead, and i think it did really turned some heads when people saw us. they must be thinking "wah, this guy is this girl's lelaki simpanan kah?" cos he was in khakis and t-shirt...

But i kinda like the feeling. Yong, my kept man...hehehe

5 comments:

Khek said...

Does he know of the existence of your blog? This is seriously funny.. hahahaha :)

reddaisie said...

hahahhaa
what la u
like taht also can...pakai coveralls go paktoh..
ur abang din say anything?
he really good la.if chih heng sure comment gai gai d

H.C. Tan said...

khek: i think he's aware of this blog but he doesn't read it so i can kutuk him as much as i want here lah. LOL

pao: hey girl, coveralls is like the "in" thing now ok. you should sell in your boutique also LOL

XXX: err...???

Mariposa said...

woot woot star points for you =D

H.C. Tan said...

Joe: for being such a man? lol