Friday, November 27, 2009

I have resigned

Yep, after working about 15 months in this company...which shall remain unnamed, i have decided to resign on Tuesday...yep going to join a competitor.

I really, honestly loved working in this company, the people were great, but just that it's so difficult to get an internal transfer as what I was seeking for is a technical position. I wouldn't say that I'm a techie person, nor technologically inclined...in fact, my engineering fundamentals should be quite screwed up...hence I want to make it stronger, and then from there, correct the weaknesses and then only move on to marketing and sales positions where I know I can be really good...

I will be starting my new job this weekend, first flying to Abu Dhabi for a 1 week induction course, and then to be based in Labuan. I will be signing up as a Maintenance Engineer. :)

Let's see what it brings...with the hustle bustle of KL city life, I don't have much time left to reflect and do certain things...yes, I admit I was sort of a gym freak...at least yoga freak where I like to go to the gym after work...but I don't even work out THAT often! I happen to just be hanging out a lot at the office...I guess Facebook definitely consumed most of my time...

Writing blogs, keeping journals, keeping in touch with family and friends, study Italian, read more...definitely hope the new job allows me to do more of these...oh and save money of course!

But I would imagine that the new job would be so much more challenging... ;) Am so excited

15 comments:

zewt said...

of all places.... labuan??? wooaah..

eh... what happened to liverpool ler?

E-quan said...

all the best in ur new work wey..
take care in labuan!

Zephy said...

Abu Dhabi?
Sheesh.......my advice....stay away from this blasted land.
Especially Al Reem Island.
Inflation, streets are filled with foreigners

I've been stucked in this blasted land for the last 6 months. And it's such a relief that im getting out for good in a week

Chun Kiat said...

hey~ finally you update your blog!!

Ayah said...

cik kak... join TUDM ye?

Mariposa said...

all the best bella :) muah muah

H.C. Tan said...

zewt: ha ha liverpool mcm MU lor, asyik kalah :P

equan: thanks bro!

zephy: erm Abu Dhabi is not THAT bad ha ha

CK: yalar, to feed my readers ;)

ayah: takde lah, oil and gas agi

jan: thanks beb...love ya@!

zephy said...

I just got out of tat blasted place 5 days ago.
It was tat bad for me at least.

Everything is expensive.
Even more so at Dubai.

The dubai mall has an interesting aquarium within the mall itself though. Filled with sharks and groupers.
The burj dubai is located right next to the dubai mall, and they have this dancing fountain every night which is similar to the one found at the bellagio hotel in Las Vegas. (designed and installed by the same designer)
The ski dubai at the mall of the emirates was pretty interesting as well, I was involved in a water theme park construction invested by the very same investor as the ski dubai last year.
Anyhow, Thank god i’m out and heading towards the land of down under for good.

Have fun and enjoy your stint at abu dhabi.

ourshoesbox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark Soo said...

never update 1... hahaha

H.C. Tan said...

Zephy: LOL i guess u really hate dubai then! :) I mean I prefer Malaysia myself too! so... happy new year!

Mark Soo: =P lazy mar

The Muppets Boy said...

Aslkm,helo...nice blogging erk,erm please visit my blog http://mysterygraphy.blogspot.com and jangan lupe linkkan sekali blog ni,ok thanks n bye

Zephy said...

I don hate dubai, i find that the city itself is greatly overemphasized in the media. They spend their money on ridiculous things like the palm jumeirah.
And the media hype about their tallest burj dubai in the world. Seriously, any country could do that if they had money. Who can’t? If I had tonnes of hydrocarbons in my backyard, I’m dead sure I could build watver i want.
And just so that u know, the local ppl have no capability whatsoever in executing such iconic projects.
They instead rely on foreign expertise because their ppl are simply not skilled to such an extent.
The burj dubai’s civil engineer hails from the USA, and the main contractor consist of Samsung Corporation’s construction division.
Out of the UAE’s overall population of 4.3 million, only 14- 18% max are locals.
The rest are foreigners which consist mostly of labourers who came to work in this country as labourers.
The locals rather work at airports or immigration check point borders stamping passports, and they are paid 5 figure salaries for just that!
And they are given land and property by the government, they get to work in governmental jobs and they are paid heaps for that.
And who on earth would stay in the burj al arab?
do you think a normal wage earner like say an engineer or a doctor who works in Malaysia would be able to afford to stay in such an outlandish priced hotel?
For your info, it will cost around RM3k just to get a driving license in the UAE. But then again, take alook at the driving culture in the UAE. Lunatics behind the wheels
3K for a license? Urgghh.........wat a pile of garbage.
And food itself is inflated at such an unbelievable rate.
RM30-35 for a plate of mixed fried rice at the mall.
Only a handful of malls u can go to. The Abu Dhabi Mall, Khalidayah Mall, Al Mariah Mall, Al Wadha Mall, Marina Mall
What’s good about abu dhabi?
Hm......absolutely nothing i can think of seriously.

Malaysia is so so...just that we are led by a bunch of government buffoons.

H.C. Tan said...

LOL zephy I actually enjoy reading your comments. do you own a blog? ;)

Z3phy said...

No i don't have a blog.

I would be a leading a revolution if I had a blog.