Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Top 5 favourite movies Tag

List of 5 favourite movies

I guess my list of movies does not really differ from David's but I'll think harder..Hmm favourite movies are those that you can watch over and over and over and over again without yawning right? There are many categories..such as scariest movie that I'll never ever forget movie that made me cry buckets everytime I watch it

1) Papa Can you hear me sing (1983)
I'm not sure whether you guys watched this mandarin movie before or not, but you have to! I watched it about 4 times in my life, and last watched it 2 yrs ago..I still cried buckets watching it. About a girl with a mute dad...He picks up the abandoned baby and raised it as his own's. He goes around collecting wine bottles, hence the super popular song Jau gon tong maai mo (Wine Empty If Sell Nothing). I'm not so sure, it has been a long time.

2) Back to the future (all)
I don't know, all of us grew up watching it, so..haha. but it's a magical story with cute actors (then)..so..

3) All of Stephen Chow's movies
100% confirm that I would rather watch reruns of Stephen Chow's movies than any of the silly lame comedies in the cinemas lately. His humour is not lame (i.e. cold) and has that silliness that somehow that I just find funny. I think I watched Shaolin Soccer more than 10 times d, lol, and his past movies are just so good!

4) The Ring
The japanese version is very good. The original wan la..but I guess the scariest part is when the girl was in the well and then some skeletal hand grabbed her wrist. Actually I watched that with a bunch of girls in the family and then the electricity suddenly just went off and it was midnight =( All of us nearly screamed our heads off~ -_-"

5) Dirty Dancing (1987)
Starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey. Classic!!! You're not being passé if you watch an old movie you know..The dancing is just so good..it may not be like You Got Served or Honey with super canggih moves, but the chemistry is just there

Tagging:
None, haha but I'd love it if you guys share your favourite movies with me as well. Nowadays, movies are just,..movies. You go to the cinemas just as a past time, the moment you walk out of it, sure, there is a topic of discussion for a few days, and then a new movie comes along.. =( I think I'm becoming an antique..coz lately checking out many old movies haha. So anyways..if your list of movies are really good, then I'm going to look for the DVD or d/l la haha.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Movies...Gosh! I love so many...

Finding Neverland, Life is Beautiful, The Terminal, Love Actually, Little Manhattan, Under the Tuscan Sun, Pride & Prejudice, Sleepless in Seattle... I won't be able to stop.. hehe

Ayah said...

it's a drink, it's a bomb - maggie chung and george/robert lam? and that idiotic taxi driver...

Anonymous said...

Haha. Then I *must* watch (1) as well!!!!

Aduh kena tag something so intellectual (books!!) by you. Dahlah I'm not *that* widely read. Shall just do a simple one in your comment, soon.

Noted the tag ;)

JoeC said...

ok, did this meme too :) How come no anime one? Sure got some nice anime movie right? I like Stephen Chow movies cuz the fella is siow.

H.C. Tan said...

jemima: yea yea i love that Neverland movie also! =)

ayah: u mean the french movie? lol

dave: oh yes u must watch #1!

joeC: Naruto all the way.haha