Monday, July 21, 2008

the kemouliuan being jobless

jobless for 3 weeks d. starting to feel pathetic. boo hoo hoo. guess what, last Friday I went for 2 interviews... not bad leh..so fast oredi attend 2 interviews in KL...but also i think mati dengan ugly-nya lah. tak tinggal mayat also. sedihhhhh...

well apparently i met some big shot guy during my flight back Dubai-KL who somehow hooked me up for an interview in a big oil and gas company...but i did not treasure the opportunity lah. ruined the interview completely. i went there to goreng goreng oni and chit chat with the guy who interviewed me. haha. he cringed when he heard my responses...although he appreciated my sense of humour...i dont think it will land me a job. hahaha. I give myself credit being able to handle the interviewers without being nervous though. hehe.

as for the 2nd interview..I emailed my resume in the morning and got a call immediately the same afternoon. I was like, no prob, I can attend the interview tomorrow...can wan...thinking of killing 2 birds with one stone. nampaknya there is this saying "If you don't prepare for an interview, you are done for. Don't think u can kelentong or goreng-goreng"

2nd interview lagi mampus. I was only briefed which company I will be vying a position for half an hour before the scheduled interview. Worse of all...tire company...worse of all...very technical wan...and the WORST part: "Ahhhh...later you will be tested some questions on mathematics and physics"

MATIMATI
MATI. hehe. I dengan glamornya filled in the blanks in the paper that i was given 4 questions which I texted my coursemate for the answers...with my description...probably the answers were wrong also. when the interviewer asked me why I answered the questions like this and like that..I was like...yeahhh I remember studying sumtin like that..based on instincts... hehe
DEAD lor...

but they looked entertained at least. all 4 of the interviewers in the 2nd company. dont know entertained ker of frustrated maximum. I would say the latter. hehe.

so sekian sahajalah of my kisah interview CHAPTER 1: DISASTER. back to penang d now...but all is not lost. at least I managed to meet up with Abang Buyong and Abang Ken and ex-colleagues and HP Heng and HP Lin...

9 comments:

zewt said...

got interview in big O&G company you go and main main... sigh... apa lah...

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Hi there,
Am new here. You went for interview main-main, not serious to get the job is it? Anyway, rest first la...

Referring to one of your post, you said Italian is like Malay as it's pronounced baku. German too!

For example,
Name (German word same spelling as English's 'name') but pronounced "Na-me".

Frage (ques in German) is pronounced "Fra-ge"

Lee said...

Hi HC Tan, wow, your Bahasa is very good. I guess you must have scored very well in your Malay exams, huh?
Hope your next interview will be successful...not to worry, just relax....

By the way, you free take a peek my archive, "Jack of all Trades", d/d 6/18/08.
This posting re how I used to interview people, what I expected from them as well where I found some of my staff.

I found one on board the Penang Ferry. One in Campbell road, she a cosmetic sales lady....

Oh ya, beware of some managers who do the interviewing, they might apply some psychological tricks to see how you respond....
I do know, not all managers care to really look into your resume as today practically everyone has either a College or U degree...but its how you carry yourself at the interview....impressing him'her with your personality.

Believe it or not...the first 5 minutes of you approaching the person who interviews you, how you greet him/her...how you conduct yourself..this is the one that will score points....the first 5 minutes.
Wish you the best of luck and success, Lee.

Anonymous said...

u're back in m'sia.. welcome home..

well, good luck with job hunting, i believe your personality should be able to get you through most interview..

:)

Mariposa said...

oi ppl give ask u to come for interview but u bodo sombong me, nak buat macam mane?!

Btw the guy yg buang bomb in batman was cool hahah but mata cross eye a bit

Anonymous said...

All I can say is be prepared but not to the extend of over prepared
Be yourself as I think knowledge is just part of it, attitude play a big part... at least for me
Be confident is very important
:P

H.C. Tan said...

zewt: aiyo...1 year tak attend interviews d mar

akira: hi..thanks for dropping by yeah..i seriously want to find a job de..just that i "handgun" lor..accidentally blurted stupid answers that i know can be better answered. wah u speak german??? german very hard wan wor.

u.lee: haha my BM is ok ok lah. i have many malay kaki ma...thanks for the interviewing tips..i really do believe the first 5 minutes do play a very vital role.

khek: thanks you are just too kind! hehe

janice: haha yalo maybe i must resort to jual ikan bilis girl...crosseyed meh??? and u noticed the guy from "the white chicks" movie o not..the buffed up guy who likes only white chicks wan...

zI: yeah thank for the advice..i think the way you conduct urself plays an important part also...

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Hi HC Tan,

So-so only my German skill. Ok loh..but the difficult part is memorizing the genders for the nouns. Crazy! Even non-living objects has got genders.

Cheers! I'm sure Italian is difficult too!

H.C. Tan said...

akira: haha its the same thing also la for italian!! everything also got gender wan..usually also mixed up lo.. =)