Friday, July 11, 2008

back 10 days, farewell pics

Yeah, janice thinks I should be updating my blog. Well the fact is that I have been back exactly 10 days and I have not done anything productive. I had KFC 3 times for dinner so far and laksa every single day that I have been back in Penang. I stayed 3 days in KL parasiting at Lin's house and then 1 day at my aunt's restaurant. I got back to Penang 1 week ago lor...


After sleeping sooooooooo much I finally forced myself to update my resume. Yes...jobhunting. Sigh. The last time I hunted for a job was last year before graduating. So I didn't get to really goyang kaki at home prior to working. All hectic hectic schedule. Always. Sempre.

Now goyang 10 days I also feel very mouliu d...but still must ikut the procedure by writing resume. Sigh. 9 months in Italy sumore killed my English d. Want to construct a sentence in English also damn mengkillingkan my braincells.

But slowly adapting back to my lifestyle in Malaysia la...
1) In Italy, lights out max at 1am...here 5am
2) In Italy, face no zits wan cos seldom eat spicy or fried food. Here I only eat spicy AND fried food
3) In Italy, I am considered thin and petite. Here I am miniKingKong
etc etc...

At first it was very difficult for me to speak in Malay again, due to the similarity of Italian language and our Bahasa Melayu in the sukukatas...but after 1 week..ok d lor...but the faster I pick up my malay again, the quicker i forget my italian...sigh

Oh here are some pics of the farewell party I had 2 days before I left...that would be 27th June..


We bought some chips and refreshments...I cooked some nuggets and made sushi with my Ukrainian friend Oksana!~ Hehe...oh by the way...our party was "Festa sulla balcone" means we hosted it on our big balcony...we had the stars sparkling and the moon shining upon us,we set up our own sound system with my Chinese housemate's subwoofer...and we bought lots of wines and some amaretto... of course...I didn't drink at all..except fruit juice. hehehe but the rest were totally tipsy...at least, some of them. hehehe

View from our balcony

Some of the pictures...
Mariana and Ciccio (Francesco) being my only English speaking friends in Italy

My lovely housemates...
L to R: Selina and Helen (China), Nadia (Morocco), Dora and Milena (Italy)


Some of the wonderful people I met in class...
Oksana (Ukraine), my piccolino Alejandro (Colombia),
Merhnaz and Solhmaz (Iran), Mariana (Mexico)

All in all I really enjoyed the evening because at the end, I received a very very pleasant surprise. For this I must thank 2 persons in particular. Cannot tell lor. HPC u all know lar d hor... Hahaha. But anyways, my housemates were great throughout the 9 months I lived there, I learnt Italian at an incredible pace thanks to Dora, Milena and Nadia, not to mention my Mandarin from my Chinese housemates....But now got one small conflict with one of them...nothing big, it will be resolved soon. And the classmates I met...I'll upload more photos soon, with my Korean classmate and ahhh Jiji, Lili and Kostantinos of other occasions

Now 3am d...time to go to sleep again. Today I discovered the 57th zit to pop up ever since i got back 10days ago on my nose. sigh. Toodles~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't go back to old job or you dun want to..?

Mariposa said...

ooooooooo wat surprise?!

I baru balik dari redang..great holiday..sudah blacker hahaha seems like 'summer' i have to kena hitam lol

Lee said...

Hi HC Tan, was looking for something in an old blog posting saw your callsign. Just dropped by say 'hello'. Hope you doing well now and having fun.
You sure one very attractive girl, *wink*.
Best regards, Lee.

H.C. Tan said...

jem: i think can't..and don't want to...

janice: i bet u had fun there!!!

U.Lee: thanks for your kind compliments uncle lee...