Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ilham sudah datang..chapter 1: Etna, Sicilia

Finally I am starting to post my traveling chronicles...I was traveling quite some bit in Europe/Italy, but it was pretty hectic going from a place to one, then arranging the pictures, getting the pix from the rest, and the rearranging..deleting redundant ones, deleting the ones I looked ugly...then ones I looked fat...the ones with irrelevant people yada yada yada in the end I just give up and keep looking at the pictures and deleting them. Finally I have finished with the ones with Sicily so voila...!!!!!

Recap a bit 1st...I was in Sicily (Sicilia) from 1st May- 4th May..almost 3 months ago d...FYI, Sicily is an island located on the south of Italy, its biggest island and arguably the prettiest. in my humble opinion lah. due to one MAJOR factor and one that I really have to stress on:

SICILIANS ARE THE CUTEST ITALIANS IN ITALY!!!!

Serious wan!!! No kidding...I mean generally Italians are good looking, I swear that even the tukang buang sampah also lengzai wan...but the ones from Sicily are even cuter than average Italians...according to my teacher, Sicily used to be dominated by Arabs, Spanish yada yada...so they have some Arabic features..tanned skin...and clear eyes..dark hair...*sighing blissfully...and they are very vain wan...very dressed up. absolutely to die for. I personally only know one Sicilian but to me he is relatively cute adi (the one who was in my post for my farewell party, Francesco is Sicilian)...hehe...so girls...u all know where to go lah when u visit italy...and guys...u know where to avoid lah to not terasa kedudukan tergugat...haha.

So...I shall start with Mt.Etna. It is the largest active volcano in Europe...We went there like, 1 week before the latest eruption. Lucky also lah when we went tarak eruption...if not now I will be a bbq hooiching d...but Mount Etna was amazing, treading our way up to some of the craters...but quite windy lah. anyway click on the hyperlink to know more about Mt.Etna lah. =) Here are some pics of Mount Etna!~
(please click to enlarge the images)






And as promised I got do my yoga ok...at least at most locations lah when I travel hehehe. I went to this trip with a busload of my university mates (the 210Euro 4 day trip organizzed by my university)...but basically we are always in a group of four. Me, Selina (my Chinese housemate), Mariana (my Mexican classmate later turned into my travelmate to Florence, Liverpool, Sardenia, Pisa, Naples, Gubbio haha) and Kasia (my super stylish and drama queen Polish classmate who is just absolutely classy and gorgeous)... =)

This is the 1st volcano that I ever stepped my foot on...Last time when I went Bali, I did go to see Mt. Batur...but from the restaurant nia wor...this one different..sumore get to climb up...and posing here and there...not many climbed up lah cos quite slippery...and cable car damn expensive and long Q...but whatever it is, the view was amazing and plain worthed it. But of course...it was high up in the 1st place, so the bus took us up till the peak of the mountain la, then we only climbed the craters... =)

Hopefully I will continue my chronicles every nite b4 I sleep lah...tiring u know working at my grandpa's kopitiam...knowing how "lucrative" my job is. haha. but now my aunt pulih d the penyakit...so I can sleep till 11.30am..then help till 4pm-5pm like that...probably start my new job 11th august kut...nite nite...

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hello HC Tan, love your pics...and you as well most girls I know always tend to say they have pics look fat or whatever....
Love of beauty is taste,. The creation of beauty is art.
And in every man's heat there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.
We don't love someone for their looks or their clothes or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only we can hear.

To me beauty is the warmth you radiate when I am with you....(see this posting in my archive, "Just bring your smile", d/d 5/22/08. Its about a Penang girl).

Love your pics here....agree with you those guys from Sicily have deadly handsome looks, at the same time noted for their 'honour beliefs'.
I've never been to Sicily, Italy...Rome, Venice ...yes...say what you like, Italians have a real fashion flair from cars to shoes.

You stay easy and have a great week, Lee.

Anonymous said...

Hi babe,

*HUGS & MUAKS* (You know what they're for.) ;)

Mariposa said...

cuenco why din bring me back a siciliano?! =P

Anonymous said...

Hey... great yoga posts again
:)
Glad things are lighting very bright for you...
Only talk bout Sicilian guys... what bout the girls
:P

H.C. Tan said...

U.Lee: Hehe..yeah I love sicilians as well...actually a person is most beautiful when he smiles from within. =) just as u said..thanks ~cheers

jem: no prob...

joe: haha i sendiri also tak berjaya mencari any ler...

zI: thanks..erm..no lah..sicilian girls not so hot as the guys..haha