Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Did u know about Tiramisu?

I made an amazing discovery just now. It may sound stupid, but I just discovered that tiramisù is actually an Italian dessert, and in fact the name itself, tiramisù is Italian, which means "pick-me-up", which also means secara metaphor is "make me happy". Ho ho ho and all this while I thought that it is a Japanese name, not necessarily Japanese cake but...you know, just given a japanese name. Stupid me. Is it only me or everyone knew it was an Italian dessert with an Italian name?


(Courtesy of Wikipedia)

Yes, yes, I'm working in KL now...Bukit Jalil TPM...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe..

I hope you'll get your wish to go to Italy.. then you'll learn more Italian food names. :p

Anonymous said...

I thought pick me up means something else... never mind me
I guess the choice of food there's not so much eh, but seri petaling offers a lot more food
:)

zewt said...

how in the world did you think tiramisu is japanese???????????????

H.C. Tan said...

jemima: I dont know the names wan...just know how to eat =)

zI: I do go to eat at Sri Petaling everyday for lunch now... =)

zewt: yorrrrr...it doesnt sound japanesey meh? i have a few frenz that thought that it is a japanese name also. u know. Tiramisu. can use hiragana to write it out sumore =P

Lobak said...

i want a tiramisu!!! i think i'm going to secret recipe now....grrrrr