Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Another first time...

Yep..I had another first time..this time its not as glamourous as sitting in a RX-7 already lar..in fact..it's embarassing!!!!

jeng jeng jeng...(drumrollz)

this time...my first time of...handphone falling inside the jamban!!!!

yeap..how unfortunate. I used to laugh at those who dropped their handphones into the toilet bowl (eg. my aunt, friends)..i go:
"How silly can you get? why didn't you make sure that your handphone is placed properly?"
retribution man. RETRIBUTION. retribution. So sorry to all of you. I take back what I said. "Komen neh"

So how did this first time happen? Last friday, I went to a Toastmasters' competition with david and his friend. I haven't been to one, so was very excited. Basically the competition was good. they had international speech and impromptu one...anyway,this event really make me want to improve my public speaking..speaking nonsensically and incoherently is my forte..but when it comes to hard facts *scratches head. and especially in front of a crowd *gulps.

Anyway,it's besides the point. I was about to elaborate on my hp. Upon reaching the place, it's in SS19..i think.can't remember..naturally I had to answer a very natural nature call =P that day I wore this brown pants..(I went directly after work so I didn't change). Usually I chuck my hp by my sidepockets..but this time..my pants had backpockets..amazing. haha. so i thought to myself "since putting my hp in sidepockets make my hips look even wider, why dont I put it behind instead? butt look curvier..although one side only-lar"
how much I regretted it. i didnt button my backpocket,and went to the toilet. I stepped up the platform (no it's not the seated toilet, it's the squat type,which i prefer in public places), and unzip my pants.. when I started pulling it down...in a very-slow-motion-way-but-it-just-doesnt-register-in-my-mind-to-react, I see my dear Nokia 6100 slide from my pocket and *thud into the toilet bowl. Dahlah the toilet itself was smelly. =(

A million thoughts ran through my mind that moment.like,
"Shit. How can this happen to me?"
"Now, do I pick it up even?"
"Want to flush it ar,since last time aunt dropped hers she didn't even pick it up"
"(momentarily happy) Yay, time for a new phone!!!!"
"Damn, no $$$. Just invested RM500++ in gym. URgghhhhhhhh !@#$@#%"
"(peers into the toilet bowl) Is that like,shit?"
"To pick, not to pick. no pick, no hp..."


Obviously,I had to pick it up since damn broke already now...Thus, I calmly opened the door, to find a few ppl queuing up to use the loo. I stood by the door to usher them elsewhere..(got 2 other toilet cubicles ma)..I told them not to go in while I ran to get David. I was like, "Psst,come here a second. My hp fell into the jamban" His jaws-dropping. Classic.=P I was hoping he'd offer to dig it for me...but fat chance..his face indicated that there is no hope for my hp.

After letting it drown for 5mins while I look around for blackbin bag(No I was not goin to dig it up using bare hands!!)..finally I slipped my hand into the dark hole and probed it..(holding my breath of cos!!)..the water felt warm and murky..ewww!!!! Luckily I managed to grab hold of it..and LUCKILY it was not of darkish color which can only mean one thing--- think fertilizer coated. *phew..... I rinsed it thoroughly, dismantled the parts that I could (it was blinking and vibrating when I fetched it) and wiped it. ONE PIECE OF ADVICE FOR ALL: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ON UR HP IF ITS DRENCHED WITH LIQUID..U MIGHT JUST KAPUT IT. u noe,short circuit and all..that;s what all of them tell me. So i wiped it dry and dropped it in a bin bag..I even sat through the whole competition =) enjoyable.

Upon reaching home, still quite selamba..after bathing..used the hairdryer to blow it dry...someone said must blowdry and let it dry 2days..some say must disassemble ever single screw and wipe al lthe components (but me thinks not: cos I tried dismantling my Sagem hp once a few yrs ago, and it was destroyed after that)..I just blowdry it for an hour...and voila!!! it works!!! I was ecstatic with a huge sigh of relief...but of courselar..now it's super cacat d...It has those buzzing interference sound when someone tries to call or text you..(something like when u place it near a radio or speakers)..probably speaker gone d lar..and battery also half gone..suka-suka will flat. but then..still thank god lar, cos its chance of being saved was so tiny..and its still working 80%!!! lucky..cos I've got all the phone numbers and important stuff stored in that hp..and I dropped my hp countless times d.. it always falls from the table, or i accidentally lose my hand grip on it. poor thing.

Yeah..last yr I lost it once. Dropped in when I came out from my car while going for exam. Was devastated. but got it back one week later. someone picked it up and forgot abt it. left it in her car for a week. That time I almost died without hp. hahah. I am so attached to it. and the sweet girl contacted my fren to ask me get it from her. how nice!! how many will actually do that?? maybe cos the screen spoiled giler d..i had to spend RM150 to replace its screen also. but still...

THANK YOU DEAR NOKIA 6100 FOR STICKING WITH ME THRU THICK AND THIN..MUAXXXXXX

wow..wat a long entry dedicated to my hp..so ppl..be careful when you go to the loo with ur hp...dont say its not goin to happen to you..you will never know..bwahahahah. end. time out.

THOUGHT: SOMEONE ASKED, WHY DIDN'T I TAKE OFF MY PANTS FIRST BEFORE GOING UP THE TOILET BOWL TO SQUAT. CAN MEH LIKE THAT?

9 comments:

Irked T said...

yucks,u very gross lor...imagine u hav to stick ur face to ur little hp whenever u make call,then imagine it drowned in the darkhole which full of hundreds(or thousands) mixture of soft,semi-soft,watery(lao sai)poo poos;pees,pukes,salivas,phlegms,mucuses...cmon loh...tht kinda geli psycho.affection!I rather buy a 2nd hand 3310.

Ps:make sure u sterilize ur pipi and ear whenever u finished making a call...or juz use handsfree better off then :p

aL said...

argh! gross! lol. my sis dropped hers in the toilet too...same toilet type as yours but in my aunt's hse ler. back pocket also. hehe. its stil working after repair but trade in d ler. geli =)

step up on the platform only take off pants not normal meh? *shrug*

reddaisie said...

aiyo..do u have to get to the details about how u unzip ur pants and pull it down slowly...cannot help but imagining ur OBness...
anyway..good that the hp is still working..altho there might be some stuff stuck to it...juz remind me not to borrow ur hp when i meet u ok?? :P

Chin Kian said...

i also damn scared it will happen to me ler. everytime i use public jamban i sure check and see if anything could drop out from my pockets or not.....

hmm..so now ur hp got "fragrance" liao la? hehe

Anonymous said...

omg girl!! ur the 2nd person whom i'e encountered having such an ordeal!! but my friend's hp never survuved..and the loo had some chocolate cake in it before she went rofl..so ...it was bye bye for it.
I'm glad yours made it!!

Anonymous said...

FYI, lobaksoup uses the same phone as yours. I suppose nokia's water-proof to a certain extent. Kah kah kah..

H.C. Tan said...

tristan: i didn't think my hp will smell wor..now that u mention it..hmm...yes i still hold it very close to my ears. =P

acquiescence: nokia..3210 and 3310 lagi classic.can protect u sumore. thanks 4 dropping by

CAL: geli is geli..but i no $$ d ma

pao: definitely will force u on the fon =P haiya have to be descriptive only u can imagine ma

nkw: i prefer to tin urine..cos when i dug my hp up it wasnt black in color. lolz

chinkian: yeah, smells of fertilizer. haha

jan: alhamdulillah =P

anonymous: long live nokia =)love my fon to bits

Kampungkai said...

wt*.... this is damn funny sial! hahahahhah! haijorrrrrr, malu la u! do u feel like u r holding a piece of brown liquid-solid instead of 6100? ew! :P

H.C. Tan said...

kampungkai: fortunately, when i dug up the fon it was quite clean..smelly, maybe? sure din go purpoself sniff at it larR =P