Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sicily, here I come!

Tomorrow morning I will be parting for Sicily (Sicilia)…! Yay…you know, Palermo? Basically I didn’t know the existence of Sicily before…well…Italy. Well the trip costs me an arm for a 4 day trip, in which I will have to spend 11 hours (or more!) on the bus to reach Sicily from Perugia…and also another 11 hours (or more!) to go home…As I was saying, the trip costs about RM1k (210Euro)…aihs. I also tension that it’s so expensive, and being in Italy sumore. I remembered that last time when I backpacking in Thailand for 2 weeks with Fred and Jit Shiong, it costed like, total of RM1.6k… But then again, this is Europe…I don’t even want to start on how much I spent in Paris, Berlin and Barcelona.

I was supposed to be planning another Europe getaway on the limited budget that I have at the moment…initially I wanted to go London-Liverpool-Budapest (Hungary)-Prague (Czech Republic)… already checked out the tickets sumore d…planned out the dates nicely…etc etc…but I would have to travel alone, as I did for Barcelona…It’s not like travelling alone was not fun, but just that travelling with someone would be even ‘funner’, no? So I asked a friend if she’d like to go with me, a Mexican girl, but she had to wait for her friend that was supposed to visit so that she could decide, yada yada. So in the end, I offered to wait cos I really think that she’s nice and it’d be great fun to travel with her. In the end, things didn’t really work out so when I went to the airline’s website again…tension giler to see the price of the tickets increasing two-fold…so there goes my hopes! So bummed out…so now have to plan for a later date, and to see if there is any more offers etc…but they say that the price of the flight tickets tend to get quite pricey in Europe during summer…

Btw, my Greek lengzai entah dah mati kat mana, sudah berkurun abad takde berita drpd dia. Jadi sudah habis my cerita ngan dia. Maklumlah dia pun 6 tahun lebih muda dari I… =P Mesti cari target baru sekarang! Hehe. Maybe I will find cute Sicilians on my trip... =P
Now that I’ve got only 2 months left in Italy, I’m feeling kinda bummed out and depressed lah…cos the weather is getting kinda good now…and I love sunbathing on the balcony outside my apartment…and I realized that I can actually cook quite well! I made curry chicken last week, which IMHO was the best ever that I’ve made, and then fried tofu (the tofu costs a lot here!)…and even fried pork ribs. Ahhhh… but how also can’t cook my Laksa, nor can I find a shop that sells it!

Oh, as I’ve promised, some pics of Barcelona…Janice I’m sure you are looking forward to this! And you’ve probably been to all the places that I’ve been…If not, even more! Hehe…Well, I met these 2 Korean guys during my trip to Barcelona. We lived in the same hostel, and since I was alone, I asked if I could tag along with them…I think how also travelling with Asians is better than with Europeans (I mean if they’re strangers…Europeans macam very wild and most of the time drunk…I mean, of those that I’ve met lah so far, and anyway, they’re not so, well, accepting of Asians anyway)…So these 2 guys, Won and Sung were really nice and fun to be with, we even went to watch the flamenco together and tried the Spanish specialty paella.(which IMHO our nasi goreng kampong is much better) …Viva Malaysian food!
Here are the Part I of the pics in Barcelona…sleepy ade, caught flu liao..so today must sleep early a bit…but based on the pics, can see the fact that I have been slowly but significantly gaining weight LOR! haha
From top right, clockwise: The Labyrinth Park, Palau de Mar, Gothic Quarter and beach in Barceloneta
Camp Nou!!!

P/S: I'm pretty bummed out today...cos my scholarship applications to pursue Masters sudah terkandas. so must go back malaysia d loH

8 comments:

L B said...

Wooooo!! Camp Nou!! Viva Barcelone, but Manchester United viva more!! :-)
Sorry to hear about your terkandas.. Awfully sorry. So, you're back in Malaysia in July! Wow! Make the best of these last two months, yeah?

L B said...

Oh, and viva Liverpool tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh! Only 2 mths left!
Travel around as much as you possibly can. You'll never know when you're gonna make another trip there again.

*HUGS*

Mariposa said...

ooo i didn't go to palau de mar nor laby parc. MES QUE UN CLUB GOT PWNED KAKAKAKAKAKAKA!! I was telling my friend barca talk big la..their stadium bukannya canggih sgt..kinda old right? Barnabeu was nicer =P

darling post more pics..im missing barca so much!! i just did an entry on granada..eh next time we go back spain k?

*abrazos*

good luck on your trips..eh faster got to prague..i heard it's gorgeous! u go it's like i go oso hahaha

-jan

Anonymous said...

So fast and I was hoping to see more places through your eyes
:)
Anyway, I'm sure you will get the chance again but just go everywhere before coming back yah
And get well soon!!!

Ayah said...

so sudah dapat godfather dari Sicily ke belum?

Unknown said...

Kandas??
Waddaya mean?
Kena tendang balik?

H.C. Tan said...

LB: MU MU..cis...aiya, want to travel but no $$ d lor
and my Liv also kandas d...

Jem: dear..no Vitamin M lah

Jan: yeah i really want to go to Prague, but the tickets cost so much now!

ZI: yeah time really flies...now also the time to balik kampung d...

ayah: Don Sylvio. haha

JS: not kena tendang balik lah, u so khuasuei me meh, just that application for other scholarship kandas nia lah..=P