Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chapter 2: Taormina, Sicilia

Actually Taormina is around the same area as Etna wan...But never mind lah...Still considered different area, but they are adik-beradik lah. as I prepare to blog this I kept thinking about the lovely times in Italy. Yes there was some point when I was traveling that I said to myself "This is getting ridiculously time wasting. I can't wait to get home and start earning money!!!" Actually when that thought occurred me, I must've been out of my mind. How could working be nicer than traveling??? Mind you...now I have just started working 4 days only...Itupun without doing anything productive..when the workload starts piling up...ho ho ho. sure tension giler wan.

and you know what, the 1.5 months i'm back here, I have not touched my digital camera. Don't know where I threw it already lor...wait...got...the other day 08.08.08 me and my xiaoyi got take the camera to capture some shots of us in the new house. shortlasting happiness lah. didn't get to fully enjoy the comfort of the new house, have to come KL work d...now living in a mini-room at Uncle's place.

Okla dont want to talk about sad things d...So this is Taormina, with the famous Teatro Greco...it's quite high up so you could get a really amazing view of Mt.Etna, its surroundings, the sea...amazing scenery from the greek theatre.

Teatro greco

Well teatre would mean that during the ancient times (I'm not sure how ancient lah) the greeks used to use thi s a teather for performances etc. Note the green field on the top right picture...not field..its like rows of seats lor

Then after that we went to the centro storico (apparently all the touristy italian cities have their centro storici/historic centers like the center where all the churches are lo. This one is really lovely...very...Sicilian feeling...We did capture a video, which one has to see to fully menghayati this city. It was pretty packed with tourists...and the alleys have those cute restaurants selling their sicilian specialties. Sicilians pride on their cuisine, using lots of spices like cinnamon and citrus fruits in their dishes. They are, after all, no 1 producer for citrus fruits like oranges and lemons in Italy. They have so many types of them...but when we went it was practically summer so there weren't many types..cos oranges are like, winter fruits.

Centro storico in Taormina
We took the chance to try one of their local specialties, Arancino. It's like a fried rice ball stuffed with ragù, meat, peas and mozzarella. Yummy!

After that we discovered something more yummy than the Arancini, the waiters selling the Arancini *wink wink. Remember I said that Sicilians were the cutest??? there are countless numbers of this type looking of guys in Sicilia heeheheh

Next would be Chapters for Siracusa and Catania and Isola d'Ortigia....eh btw, not I approach the guys to take pics wan k...oklah not they approach me to take pics also wan...but my friend Selina go ask them to take pictures together...then I just tumpang bahagia...weiiii got Italians ask me to take pictures with them also ok...next chapter only show you the picture hahaha

3 comments:

Mariposa said...

chica u should've bought me back one of those chicos!!! que guapo ;)

EISSEJ said...

heiii..
I agree, those waiters are hot! :P
But they look young though... sighhh.. I shall make my way to Sicily one day! ahhaha
continue blogging!!
Wanna see how the Italian guys who asked to take picture with you look like!!

H.C. Tan said...

janice: yeap really guapo hahaha

jessie: you will be surprised to see the italian ppl who asked me to take pictures with me. lol sorry ar very slow in updating my blog. muahssssss