Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Viva Penang!

Today I'm so proud of Penang, I don't know why. well, working in a regional office means working with lots of expatriates...it's not that I wasn't proud of Penang before this... lol, I've always harassed the expatriates about going to Penang for good Malaysian food, to which they agree. (obviously...where else lah?)

I was just browsing Wiki about Penang and noted the famous Penangites in the list .... hmmm... we do have more outstanding personalities that just weren't in the list...and basically most of the Penang friends that I know now are relatively successful in their respective fields...

and we're such nice and warm ppl...I can almost instantly click with anyone from Penang. most of the time!!!!

=) but fact is I'm working in KL...glad that I have Heng and Lin to keep my Penang traits in check...and I've know somemore Penangites recently...and I always give way to cars with "PXX XXX" car plates...cos i know they are sekampung (well although Penangites tend to luan luan cut car queues and weave in and out of lanes...but we're SAFE drivers!!!)

Must be the Christmas spirit and the fact that I'll be back home next week for X'mas...Yay

Oh btw I will be going to Houston in January...for 3 weeks...company training...i passed my US visa interview so I'll be going to collect my visa laters, then arrange my flights etc...(crosses fingers)...but I'll be missing Chinese New Year for the 2nd time... (this year I was in Italy mah)

Big hug to Penangites that read my blog...and non-Penangite readers...you still get a pat on the shoulder (*wink)...

8 comments:

Mariposa said...

omg u lucky culo!!! =D

Anonymous said...

Wish I can be in your shoes, babe. ;)

Anonymous said...

Means you might be able to see my cousin there in Houston ! :D

zewt said...

wooaah... at this time, can go houston for training. so are you going to be in NASA?????

reddaisie said...

caN'T WAIT to see u babe!

H.C. Tan said...

janice: haha maybe i'll meet a cannavaro lookalike in houston - lol

jem: =) the grass is greener on the other side, but not always babe

duncan: ur cousin meh? not ur sister ar?

zewt: im in oil and gas lah...but hopefully i will get to visit NASA

pao: seen. lol.

~charng said...

wow..NIce.. :P

I'm a proud Penangite too..hehe

H.C. Tan said...

love you too babe!