Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm back in penang..for awhile

Arlo kengkawan sekalian..yes I'm back in Penang..but just for a few days..solely came back because I wanted to see my family (yea rite!haha)..laksa laksa laksa..get some things..chill..

********

'Twas a hectic week since last thursday..everybody came down to JB for their convo..although it has nth to do with me..bukannya aku yang graduate pun..but my ex hsemates and frens are!so excited for them..now thinking whether at the same time next year whether I will be able to do the same or not..lolz. final yr project..still stuck at 0% progress. But it was so nice to see all of them in robes and flowers!! And yes, it was expensive to attend their convocation..no no no,there wasnt any entrance fee..but buying flowers aren't cheap le..let's see..5 ex hsemates..seniors..friends..ish ish ish. harap-harap they next yr also will sekzhou. Buat baik dibalas baik. haha hope they are reading this post!(*hint!!)

********

Must've said this 9274305th time. I swear my dieting/exercise regimen starts next week. Hee-hee..this is my birthday week,so I'm allowed to indulge in the fatteningest and bercholesterol and cheesiest food as much as I want to. Fans, I know you will love me although I have fattened up right? hahaha. Now on eating spree--running extensively since Wed.

Wed- BBQ (courtesy of Aero)
Thurs-KFC (courtesy of Hooithin-nandri)
Fri-Pasar malam
Sat-Duck Rice (courtesy of Cheng San Yeong- merci beaucoup)
Sun-McDonald's (courtesy of Panathong- arigatou gozaimasu)
Monday- Pizza Hut (courtesy of Pana's bf - kamxia kamxia)
Tuesday- Sushi King (me belanja sendiri--so thank myself)
Tuesday nite- Victoria Station!yumyumyum.. (courtesy of Low KZ-muchas muchas gracias)
Today-planning to 'wat' my parents
Tomorrow-planning to 'wat' my kaikor Geralde..he doesn't know yet though.haha
Friday-will be in KL..if I happen to get a nice fat angpow from my mom, then I will reward myself with japanese buffet with Meiyin..

hahaha.but mom and dad seem to be oblivious towards the heavy hints that I have been dropping..so far Mom only belanja-ed me hokkien mee for lunch just now..aihh

ATTEMPT 1
snippets from phone conversation:
Dad a.k.a Otousan: When are you coming back?
HC: Tomorrow lo..
Dad:Coming back how many days?
HC:2-3days nia lo..
Dad:So few days..might as well no need to come back
HC:Come back to see you ma..
Dad: Yea rite
HC:...and also to get my birthday angpow ma
Dad: (kebingungan)..Since when do we have this 'birthday angpow tradition'?
HC: Since I implemented it this year
Dad: -_-"

don't know berkesan or not ler this tactic..need to collect funding for my "mission" ma..

ATTEMPT 2
HC:You know what? I came back to see you guys nia...
Mom a.k.a Okasan: Right...go away I'm sleeping
HC:You know what? My birthday is tomorrow...
Mom: Yea, so you have to celebrate me instead..cos 22yrs ago I gave birth to you, thus it's Mom's Suffering Day (Mu Nan Zi)
HC:-_-" You know what? I'm going to get a tattoo...
Mom: (blows her top) I'm going to disown you
HC: What if I tattoo "Mom I love you"..sponsorship, maybe?
Mom: Even if u tattoo my name or "Mom,Dad love you till I die" also no chance

kesimpulannya: FAILED


********
SO so so suei!of the 10 times that I come back to Penang, 9 times I kick off my holidays with fever/flu/sore-throat for the 1st few days..this is no exception!! Come 22nd yrs in my life..I'm growing wisdom tooth!! damn nerves acting up. Creating a thousand problems for me. Sorethroat (but i think this is due to all the fast food i've been taking past few days), flu, fever..and worst of all is the swollen gums! aihhh...chew also can't chew properly..but how also must 'lun' and 'ngeh ngeh' eat..ahbo beats the purpose of me coming back d..right??? Last night's steak I also chew painfully but it was definitely worth it!! he-he

********
Oh..Ah Pao/Wailyn are not the only pharmacists to be that I know of. Apparently I've 3 pharmacists in the family..just that theirs is not certified wan.self-medication.. My cabinet is full of medicines accumulated from the regular visits to the docs. So if the penyakit is normal nia-- eg. flu, sorethroat, headache, joints, fever... Fear not. Pharmacist Ong, Lee and Tang will come to the rescue...

Jeng jeng..introducing:

Pharmacist Tang a.k.a mom-most qualified d..cos she finished form 5 ma.haha. her favorite medication is PCM

Pharmacist Ong a.k.a aunt(ahkim)- she likes to prescribe 2 biji PCM 500mg and 1 biji Piriton for flu&fever. usually does the trick

Pharmacist Lee a.k.a AhMa (grandma larr)- illiterate but her prescriptions very the keng wan..chinese herbs usually

So for my swollen gums now I guess its Ponstan ponstan ponstan..fever is PCM..flu is piriton. mom recommends ice cubes. Another aunt says lime juice does the trick. Grandma says lengteh. Hooiching says what also dont have to restrict. eat more laksa then will cure d..it's 4pm..time for laksa. haha. lao eh. phlegm banyak siot. luckily laksa is not hard substance ler..can swallow..Itadakimasu!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you may have local infection over the exposed part of your impacted wisdom tooth. PCM is just for pain-relief, but Ponstan has a better effect. Piriton is anti-histamine which reduces inflammation but can cause drowsiness, which would impair your holiday experience back in Penang.

If you still find the Ponstan not working, perhaps you need to upgrade it to Diclofenac (aka Voltaren) for better pain control and it is also anti-inflammatory which reduces the swelling and it is non-drowsy. Also, ask your local pharmacist for antibiotics which can help to reduce the duration of swelling.

After this subsided, you should make an appointment to see a dentist. An x-ray may be needed where you will be able to see how rotated or maldirection your wisdom tooth has become. Then you can make a decision to get it extracted or not (promise you won't lose wisdom after the extraction). Just get it checked. You need to know if the wisdom tooth is "pushing" away your other teeth.

:-)

Oh ya, Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

i love how u failed in ur sponsorship seekment =). ur mom n dad so cute.

bd coming oh. o tanjoubi omedetto! may u have an unforgettable one.

c u back in skudai.

~charng said...

chah boh! bday coming ar..Happy birthday:P WIll be back in KL anot? Jom..lets go out lar..my treat..hehe.

H.C. Tan said...

kerwin: thanks for the tips! i checked online, yeah what u said is pretty much what the dentists said also..gonna get it extracted in a few days

e-quan: thanks ya

charng: i stopped over KL for 2 days nia..sigh..but i'll get a raincheck on the treat, can ar?haha

~charng said...

Haha..cancan..anytime girl;)